Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-07-30
Words:
1,441
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,578

On the Outside

Summary:

Author's Note: One of my older Remy fics.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Rating: PG/mild slash
Disclaimer: Characters don't belong to me. They belong to Marvel and whoever else has rights to 'X-Men'. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Text



On the Outside
by Dayna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DaynaFic

 
 
Remy stood outside the mansion in the shadows. He didn't know why he was doing this to himself. He should just go back to where he'd been staying before someone spotted him. But he couldn't leave. Instead, he found himself moving closer, looking in the window at the activity inside.

Jean and Scott were curled up on the couch smiling and laughing at whatever story Bobby was telling them. Warren was next to Bobby, an impatient scowl on his face. Hank was sitting on the floor, hording a pile of Twinkies. Storm was sitting to the side, a soft smile on her face while she watched her friends.

Remy closed his eyes against the pain in his chest. It hurt more then he thought it would. He knew that they had moved on without him, but he wasn't expecting them to look so happy. How long had it been since he'd seen Storm smile? Maybe leaving had been the best thing he could've done. It was obvious that they were better off without him.

"This is a surprise."

Remy's hands tensed as he turned to see the last person he'd wanted to see. "Wolverine."

The use of his codename made Logan raise an eyebrow as he moved closer. Remy stood tensed, waiting for a moment to make a run for it. "You back?"

"Non. Jus' passing through."

"Liar. Think you miss this place."

Remy shook his head as he tried to move away. "Dis isn't Gambit's home no more."

"Don't recall anyone saying that. You're still an X-Man, kid."

"Non."

Logan stepped closer. "Ya made a mistake, kid. It won't be the first or the last. We deal with it and move on."

Remy looked back towards the window. "Dey're all better off."

"They all miss you, kid. Nothing's the same without you."

"No one misses dis thief."

Logan grabbed Remy by the arm. "We all do, even Warren."

Seeing the disbelief in Remy's eyes, Logan laughed. "Yeah, even Wings. He don't got no one to spar with. Trading insults with you made his day. It took a while, but he realized that he didn't hate you anymore. Picking on you was more of a habit then anything else, and he enjoyed seeing how far he could push you. No one else lets him get away with that shit."

Remy shook his head and tried to pull away, but Logan wasn't letting him go. "And Storm misses you a lot. Jeannie misses you flirting with her and Scott just misses your cookin'."

"What 'bout you, mon ami?"

"Me? I miss having this gorgeous body in my bed." Logan said then kissed his lover. "And I miss talkin' to ya, I miss havin' you watch my back. Hell, kid, I just miss ya."

Remy wiped at the tears in his eyes. He wanted to believe Logan's words, but he wasn't sure he could. "Come on, Gumbo. Stay and......"

"Logan, we're waiting for......."

Storm's words caught in her throat and her eyes widened. "Remy?"

Remy panicked then. He didn't want to see the pain and disgust in Storm's eyes again. He took advantage of Logan's distraction, pulled himself away, and ran. He ignored their calls.
 
"Damnit!"

"Logan, what.......?"

"Not now, Storm. I gotta go after him. If he gets away, he ain't coming back."

Storm watched as Logan took off after the younger man. She prayed he would catch him and bring her brother home where he belonged.
 
 

Several days later, Jean answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Jeannie, it's me."

"Logan, did you find him?"

"Not yet, but I'm close. I ain't comin' back till I got the Cajun with me."

"I understand. Logan, make him believe that we want him back. Storm is worried sick about him."

"I will. I'll be in touch."

Jean hung up the phone. She had faith that Remy would be back home soon. He didn't stand a chance against a determined Wolverine. With a smile on her face, she turned to go get Remy's room freshened up.


THE END