Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
378
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
876

I knew a man he taught me to tango

Summary:

Summary: the challenge was a favour and a country the character was unfamiliar with.

Work Text:



I knew a man, he taught me to tango
by lilithangel

 

“Ianto, could you come down here for a moment?” Jack called from his quarters.

Ianto climbed down and found Jack standing in front of the spotted mirror above a small sink.  He was holding a shaving mirror in one hand and trying to check the back of his head.

“Take a look, are those grey hairs?” Jack said.

Ianto ran his fingers through Jack’s hair and looked closely.  “Might be,” he said, “do you want me to pull them out?”

“No,” Jack said quickly, “I always thought grey hair was kind of hot.”  He grinned at Ianto in the mirror.  “Wasn’t sure I’d ever get any.”

“It is very distinguished,” Ianto agreed, “although I’d prefer them in my sideburns.  My father always said it helped gain people’s respect.”

“I bet you’ll look sexy with a bit of grey around the edges,” Jack said.  He turned around and pulled Ianto closer.  “I knew a man from Buenos Aires with gorgeous salt and pepper hair.  He was a pilot in the 164 Squadron RAF. ‘Firmes volamos’ was their motto, Determined We Fly, and they were very determined.” Jack smiled at the memory.

“Have you been to Argentina?” Ianto asked, “I’ve always wanted to go.”

“It’s amazing,” Jack said, “so much passion and beauty.”  Jack pulled Ianto’s hips closer.  “Arturo taught me to tango, he loved to dance and boy was he flexible.”

“Teach me?” Ianto said, not sure why he had asked.

“Love to.”  Jack grabbed Ianto’s hands and brought one up to his shoulder, and pressed their chests together.  Resting his forehead against the side of Ianto’s he walked them around the room.  “Everyone dances, on the street, in cafes, anywhere there’s music.  This hold is the abrazo ‘the embrace’.”

“I can see why,” Ianto said, content to let Jack lead.

“The footwork is fantastic,” Jack said. “I felt like a stumbling schoolboy at first.”

“I can’t imagine that,” Ianto admitted, slowly relaxing into the gentle movements.  “I’d like to dance on a street in Buenos Aires with you,” he admitted.

“I’d like that too,” Jack said, “maybe someday.”

“Maybe,” Ianto echoed, “but for now…”  He hooked his leg behind Jack’s knee and tumbled them both onto the bed, “how about some horizontal dancing lessons?”

Jack laughed, “I like the way you think, Mister Jones.”

 

end