Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
451
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,114

Bar Thoughts

Summary:

Summary: Wolverine's in a bar watching the AFL Grand Final.

Work Text:

Bar Thoughts
by Xandria
E-mail: xandria1969@yahoo.com.au

 

Logan sat at the bar, idly watching the Pre Entertainment out of the corner of his eye.  Having been to Australia several times, he had a real appreciation for their version of football and was happy that the  satellite coverage here meant he could see their AFL Grand Final.

And he needed a distraction away from it all. Sure, the mansion had all the coverage he could want, but he wanted a night to just...forget all about the Xmen, possible villains attacking and their leader.

Scott Summers. A man who seemed to love Jean Grey and sent out 'straight' vibes that could probably be seen from outer space. Hah. It seemed appearances could be deceiving as he was sure a few times there were these looks...and sometimes Scott smelled ready for something...else.

Then three days ago, on the way back from a mission, they were arguing as usual. Logan had gone back to argue some more during Scott's after flight check and he gave in to his instincts and kissed him. Out of the blue. Scott had stared at him and fled inside.

The next day Scott was gone overseas to help out some friends. Without telling anyone beforehand, though Jean didn't seem all that surprised.  And today, just before he left the mansion to get away from all her looks, she finally cornered him.

"There's more to Scott than you think, Logan. You'd be surprised." Then she turned and went back inside. Staring at her, Logan figured he'd never understand women, and went to find himself a drink.

And now here he was, listening to Vanessa Amorosi singing, good strong voice, too. Not many nowadays could hold up to a performance without sound mixing.

Ah, this was interesting...INXS. With their new lead singer. Good looking, reminded him of Scott in build. Tight black leather jeans, loose white pirate shirt showing a tattoo on his chest, messy light brown hair and a body that could move. And he really looked a lot like Scott. Wait a minute...red sunglasses? Nah, it's a coincidence and the announcer did say he was Timothy something or other. And then the guy sang.

Logan had heard Scott sing once, it was nothing like this. This guy could carry a tune. But looking at him dancing around like that, looking so much like Scott, made him begin to wonder.

Maybe Jean was right and there was more than what was obvious. Maybe he should do a little hunting, see what he could find. Because just before running away, Scott had kissed him back.

Picking a table with a good view, he settled in to watch the game as the players ran on and the crowd cheered.

 

Xandria
http://members.tripod.co.uk/macgregor/index.html