Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,272
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,106

A Day With Worf

Summary:

This silly little snippet is to cheer my sister up, she has been under the weather lately, Beth, this one is for you. And Sharon of course.*grin*

Work Text:

 

A Day With Worf
by Lady Midath

Beth was feeling pretty blue that day. Nothing she could put her finger on really. It was probably just a case of boredom, mixed with boredom, on top of more boredom. Normally she was pretty cheerful, but today. She sighed and wandered over to the television.

Ernie was at work so there really was not a lot to do. She had the day off, the housework had been done. Basically, she was at a loose end. She pulled out one of her Star Trek videos, turning it over in her hand. Why not, she could curl up on the sofa with Joe and Mahala, her two dogs and watch Captain Picard save the universe, as only Captain Picard could, and watch her favourite Klingon into the bargain.

Ah, what better way to spend an afternoon when you were living in the middle of an Australian desert.

She settled down with a cup of tea and her video, the air conditioning going full blast.*Did I mention that she is living in the middle of an Australian desert? Gets pretty hot out there, trust me*

The show was just begining, when a voice spoke up from behind her. "Don't tell me, you are watching that again"?

Beth stared down at Joe, her blind diabetic dog in amazement. "You didn't just say something did you"?

Joe yawned and rolled over, trying to get comfortable on the carpet, as blind diabetic dogs are wont too do.

"No, I did". Beth turned around. There standing behind her was Q.

"Q"!

"That's me all right". He replied lazily. "Mind if I sit down"?

"Uh...uh umm".

"Why thank you". Q took his seat next to her, a slight smile playing around his lips.

Beth stared at him for a moment. Then said. "How...why..I mean when.."

"If you are asking what it is I am doing here, I am afraid you are going to have to ask your sister. You know, the one that fancies herself as a writer".

Beth stared at him, amazed. "You mean"...

"That's right". Q gave a solemn nod. That's right". He leaned over to whisper. "She's at it again".

Beth gasped. "No".

Q nodded again. "Yes"! "But".

"And this time she has the gall to drag me into one of her pathetic little stories". Q replied. Beth drew back.

She knew after watching serveral Q episodes, that he was not a good person to be around when
he was upset.

"Look, I can't help that". She began. She glanced at the door, wondering when Ernie was going to be back.

Q sighed. "Isn't there anything you can do to stop her, after all, she is your sister"!

"What can I say, she likes to write". Beth replied with a shrug. "And I happen to think she's pretty good at it too".

"Humph, well that's your opinion". Q huffed. Then he stood up. "Well I supppose there's nothing we can

do about it then".

Beth grinned. "You know, for a Q, you seem to give up really easily".

Q shrugged. "I can't help it. It's the way she's written me".

"Look, why don't you have a cup of tea and we can talk about it some more". Beth replied. "After all, it's not like they seem to need you right now".

Q glanced at the t.v screen and sighed. "Picard and Data saving the ship again. Honestly, everyone thinks that they are the heros, when it's really me".

Oh great, Beth thought, he's going to go into one of his major Q like sulks now. Gee Rob, thanks a lot.

"Oh, I won't take up anymore of your time, after all, I know who you really want to see". Q replied.

Beth sighed, a dreamy look on her face. "Worf".

"Worf"! Q looked stunned. "But I thought you liked Data".

"He's all right, in an androidy type way". Beth replied. "But Worf, he's really...Worfylike".

"Wonderful, a lovely intelligent woman like you, and you're in love with microbrain". Q muttered.

Beth narrowed her eyes. No one called Worf a microbrain, not even an omnipotent being like Q.

He saw the look. "Sorry". he said meekly.

"Hmmph". Beth replied. "Well, if you have to be on your way".

Suddenly Q face brightened. "I have an idea. Why don't you come too".

Before Beth could answer, she found herself standing on the bridge of the Enterprise.

Q looked around. "Oh sorry, wrong show".

Beth was standing in the middle of the Prominade. She stared at Q, who shrugged. "Your sister prefers Deep Space Nine, what can I say"?

"That's okay, I like it as well".

"That's nice". Q muttered, wondering when he could bow out from this story gracefully.

"So where is he"? Beth asked.

"Who"? Q asked innocently.

"Worf"! "Oh, yeah him". Q replied. "Around, I suppose, look I really need to be off now. I have a conference with the other Q's that I have to attend. Your sister only dragged me into her stupid story as a means of getting you here".

"That's so sweet of her". Beth replied.

"Sweet, yeah, right". Q muttered. "Well, uh, good day to you. With that he vanished.

Beth looked around. The Prominade looked exactly as it did on the show. Well, this could be interesting. Now, to find Worf.

People of all species hurried back and forth intent on their own business. Beth resisted the urge to goggle at them. After all, she had been raised better than that.

She began walking down the Prominade, when someone called out behind her. It was Dr Julian Bashir.

"Um, hello". He said with a sweet smile. "I couldn't help noticing, you look rather lost."

Beth turned around. "I'm just looking for someone. about this high". She raised her hand a little over her head. "Kind of on the large side. Has forehead ridges, growls a lot".

"General Martok"? Bashir replied.

"No, not him, this one has both his eyes".

Bashir thought...hmm, eyes, then he snapped his fingers. "Ah, got it. Chancellor Gowron, he has both his eyes... pretty scary ones at that".

Beth sighed. This was not going to be easy. "No, I am looking for Worf".

"Oh...him". Bashir nodded. "Well, I expect that he will be around here somewhere".

"Great, well, I should start looking for him". Beth said cheerfully.

"Well would you like to have some red leaf tea or synthehol...or something".

"No thanks". Beth replied. "Well, see you later. With that, she turned as began to stride purposefully down the prominade.

Bashir watched her go, then sighed. Well he did promise to have lunch with Garak, so the day was not a complete loss.

Beth was tired, she had searched everywhere. No sign of Worf. Damn, where could he be? Suddenly someone was standing beside her. "Sharon! What are you doing here"?

Sharon looked around, confused. "I have no idea, one minute I was feeding my fish in my pond, then suddenly"... She stopped, then her shoulders slumped. "She's at it again, isn't she"?

Beth nodded. "She promised me a story to cheer me up".

"Great". Sharon sat down beside her. "Just great. Well at least it's Star Trek, normally she writes X Files, so at least there is not a lot of danger of us being chased by mutants, or flukemen, or"... Sharon paled. "Tooms, oh thank God we are not in that one".

"Tooms". Beth frowned. "Wasn't he the one that ate the livers"?

Sharon nodded, gulping hard. "It was one of her favourite episodes".

" She liked a story about a liver eating mutant, yup, it figures all right". Beth replied.

"No accounting for taste". They both turned at the voice behind them.

"Gul Dukat". They both cried out. He bowed slightly. "At your service ladies. And what beautiful ladies at that.

Both Sharon and Beth rolled their eyes, what a sleazoid.

"Look, I am here looking for Worf". Beth said. "Have you seen him"?

"Now why would you want him when you could have the pleasure of my company"?

Sharon rolled her eyes. God, was this guy up himself or what.

Beth was starting to lose her temper. "Look, is this a Worf story or not"?

Dukat shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not the one writing it, you will have to ask her".

"Who, my sister"? Sharon asked.

"Around here she is known as Lady Midath". Dukat replied almost nervously. "She is the...writer is she not"?

"Yup". Beth replied drily. "Listen Mr..."

"Gul, that is my rank, but you can call me Dukat".

"Uh, thanks, look, I just want to find Worf". Beth replied, as kindly as she could. After all, she did not want to appear rude or anything.

"Who is looking for Worf, that Petahk".

Beth and Sharon glanced at each other. This was getting better and better, now Gowron had turned up... and still no Worf.

"Okay, this is it". Beth said dangerously. "Where is he, you promised and now he had better show up...or else I am coming over to Sydney and taking your computer hostage"!

Everyone froze at the threat. Sharon nodded in agreement, she was still not happy to be whisked away fromher husband and her children AND HER FISH!!!!!!

"I think we had better find Worf". Dukat said, Gowron quickly agreed. All he wanted to do was get back to hisgoblet of blood wine and his schemes to take over the Alpha Quadrant. He glanced over at Sharon. I wouldn't mind getting to know her a little better, he thought.

Suddenly a tall dark figure appeared, he was striding towards Quarks.

Beth and Sharon looked at each other. "It's WORF".

They both took off after him. Worf turned around, puzzled. Beth and Sharon both came screeching to a halt.

He stood in front of them in all his Worf glory, craggy ridged brow, all craggy and ridged like. "Uh, do I know either of you"?

Beth opened her mouth to speak, but no sound came out. Sharon nudged her. "Say something". She whispered. Beth turned to her. "What do I say"?

"I don't know...um how about Quapla".

Beth nodded, then turned back to her own true on screen trekkie love. "Uh hi".

"Hi". He replied, he stood there, not quite knowing what to say. Beth and Sharon waited, as did Bashir, Dukat, Gowron and Garak had now joined the gathering crowd as well.

"Oh for"... Sharon said completely exasperated. She needed to get back home, one of her fish had babies and she needed to make sure that the other fish weren't going to eat them.

She stepped over to one side. "Rob, hurry it up, I have things to do and Gary will be going nuts wondering where I am".

A few taps of the keys later and Worf had swept beth up into his strong arms.

"I have no idea why I am doing this". He said passion sparking in the depths of his deep black eyes. "But I have never felt this way before about anyone, except for Khay"lah, and Deanna Troi and then there's Jadzia Dax".

"Okay, okay". Beth said. "I get the picture".

"Um, speaking of Jadzia". Garak said, he nodded towards a familiar figure who was heading straight towards them. And she did not look happy.

"Uh Rob, do something". Once again, Lady Midath's skillfull fingers tapped the keyboard. Jadzia disappeared and both Sharon and Beth heaved a sigh of relief. They knew that they could have
taken her, but she had that icky worm like symbiont thing inside her. *Ha this could have been an X Files after all*. They did not want to tangle with anyone who had something like that inside of them. No telling what it might have done.

They both wondered briefly if icky worm like symbionts things knew karate.

"My wife is back on Trill, having her icky worm like symbiont thing buffed and polished". Worf explained, then look confused. "Now why would she be doing that"?

"Not to worry". Beth replied. "After all, you have.... hey where is everbody"? She looked around. She was no longer on Deep Space Nine. Worf was gone, so were everyone else...and Sharon.

She hurried over to the phone and dialled a number. A familiar voice answered the phone.

"What happened"? Beth cried. "One minute I was on the station with Worf, and the next. I'm back home.

"Sorry". Her sister said, her voice tinny over the phone. "I had to stop writing. The kids were hungry and I had to deflea the dog and take the cat to the vet and then some Mormons stopped by and then..."

"No excuses...get back to the computer, I want Worf back"! Beth yelled.

"Well I would but the teenager is in her Goth chatroom, you know the one that's so Goth, no one talks to each other. She says that they are all trying to out Goth each other.

"Oh all right, but when can you finish the story"?

"As soon as I cook dinner, take the garbage out vacuum the dog, re-tile the bathroom, scrub the wall where the toddler drew on it with her crayons and call Mum".

"Uh, okay then". Beth replied. "Call me as soon as you do, oh and Rob"?

"Yes"?

"This time, can you set it on the Enterprise? I like Data as well".


The End