Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Lessons
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
202
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
966

Lessons

Summary:

This one sprung from a magazine article I read today and the words were there going somthing like this
"We didn't want to have to face the truth, that it was over and that we should turn to each other and say: Well, the love has died, my friend. May you find happiness with another"

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



LESSONS
by kira-nerys


I watched him go. His stark beauty still tugging at my heart. He taught me how to feel and I learned my lesson well.

I am still your friend, he said. But, somewhere along the way, the love died. He asked my forgiveness and I granted it, though it pained me. I could never refuse him anything...

Never did we form the bond that my people do. He was frightened of its solidity. Now it is too late.
Too late...

I force myself to leave. I can not face the emptiness. I went to Gol because I had to, needed to purge the emotions.

The human inside me wanted, needed to get out. I let it surface, to please him. I couldn't deny him the love that was already there.

Farewell my friend. Love has died, you said. But it is not true.

I wish you well and I hope you can move on; you, who are my other half. Find happiness with someone else. It is evident I could not give it to you.

The Kohlinar will release me and help me bury the love that I still feel for you.

I learned my lesson well.


~ kira-nerys '99

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author kira nerys.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: