Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 9 of Training
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,269
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Hits:
1,517

The Day After the Night Before

Summary:

Summary: Absolutely no sex. Bunches of references. Some D/s goin'on. Basically, this is a bridge story that follows Housetraining.

Work Text:

The Day After the Night Before
by eoen

 

Scott leaned against the doorframe of his office. "Gambit," he said catching the Cajun on his way to the back porch.

"Oui?"

He jerked his head towards to office. "Come in."

Remy sprawled in the visitor's chair. Scott shut the door and fished the first aide kit out of his file cabinet. He set it down on the desk, then perched on the edge of the desk as he looked through
it. He pulled out some cotton and a bottle of peroxide.

Remy cocked his head to the side. "Cyke?"

"I'm going to clean up your lip."

Remy's hand went to his lip. It was bleeding again. He hadn't noticed.  "Merde."

"Or did you want to go see Hank?" Remy shook his head. "Didn't think so." Scott carefully wiped up the blood and disinfected the cut. He frowned. "I think you might need a stitch in that."

"Non."

"I can do it, if you'd like?"

Remy nodded. "I ain't goin' down there."

"Fair enough. Who decked you?"

Remy looked down. "Rogue."

"Are you on the break-up or the make-up stage today?"

"Broke up f' good this time."

"That's what you say every time. She nearly broke your jaw last time."

"She's gettin' better at pullin' her punches, non?"

"So, just because I'm a nosy mother-fucker, are you doing Logan or not?"

"Why should I tell y'?"

Scott threaded the needle. "Because if you *are* he owes me twenty bucks."

"Quoi?"

"Because when you first appeared, he bet me that you were straight."

Remy snickered. "Oui, cher, t'ink I am." Remy shrugged.

"Well, you are wearing a collar," Scott smirked. "I think that's a pretty good indication that this isn't a one time deal." Scott tied in three careful stitches. "Those should dissolve in a  week. If they haven't I'll take them out for you."

"Merci. Mebbe, y' should make him tell y', non?"

Scott nodded. "I plan to. Besides, I should have sent Bobby with him into the frozen north."

Remy rolled his eyes. "The poster-boy f' vanilla heterosexuality hisself? Oui, dat'd work. Why not y' and Jeannie?"

"I'm not a known specialist in art recommended by the Pentagon, or an operative suggested by Alpha Flight."

"Y' could be, if y' asked them t' do it." Remy pointed out.  

He prodded at the stitches. "Besides, my rep would never recover."

"Oh, oui, cher, no one ever talks about Jeannie in that Black Queen outfit. Y' could have sent Emma wit' him. She'd love it. Besides, she's got the money in t' that crowd."

"So will I as soon as I figure out how to off Charles without getting caught."

"I could arrange dat." Remy winked. Scott shook his head.

"Go on. Get your smoke in before Logan comes looking to chew on you some more."

"Y' distract him f' a few, oui?"

"In return for a bottle of that sherry you snuck in last year for Storm's birthday."

"And how'd y' know 'bout that?"

"I'm married to a telepath, Gambit."

"I f'get. Merci, f' patchin' m' up."

"Welcome. Remember, one week. If they aren't gone I'll take them out."

Remy nodded and left the room.

Scott stored the kit away after setting the needle away to be sterilized in Hank's lab. "Logan," he said without looking up from the report in front of him.

"What?"

"Come here."

"I ain't yer pup and ya know it, Cyke."

Scott looked up. "Really? Come in, close the door and sit your ass in that seat, Logan."

Logan growled and kicked the door shut. He settled down, nose scenting Remy's blood. "Where's  the kid?"

"Smoking."

"Is this gonna be a 'be careful with him' lecture?"

"Nope." Logan raised a brow. "This is the 'you owe me 20' lecture."

Logan's brow furled. Then, his eyes widened. "Shit, ain't I conceded on that one yet?"

"No. Pay up."

"I will. I'm good fer it."

"I know. So tell me about Remy's lip."

"That ain't my doin'."

"I know that."

"Rogue slapped him."

"One slap?"

"She pulled it."

"She must finally be getting tired of the cycle."

"Won't be any more makin' up."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. She conceded and I ain't plannin' on givin' the kid up fer no one."

Scott smirked. "I should have sent Bobby."

Logan's lip curled up. "He ain't my type."

"I know."

"Brat."

"So? Take good care of him, or I'll give him to Jean as a birthday present."

Logan met Scott's gaze levelly.

"If this affects the team, I want it over with. You understand? And do something about that collar. Jean and I might accept it, but no one else in this house will," Scott informed him.

Logan nodded once.

Scott nodded once. They had an understanding. Logan left in search of his pet.

*****

Remy leaned against the porch-rail, cigarette in his fingers, and stared out at the ice slicked yard. He'd checked, Ro was fine. It was just a natural storm. He snarled at the weather. He found himself rubbing his tongue over the stitches. They'd hurt going in, even though Scott was as gentle of a nurse as Hank had trained him to be.

"Come on, kid," Logan said.

Remy flicked away the butt and it exploded with a pop. He followed Logan to the Danger Room. Logan called up a program and Remy jumped as the train vibrated around them. He licked his lips. "Boss?" he said hesitantly.

"It's set up the same, but there's some changes to the guest list. How deep can ya put yerself?"

"Deeper'n I should."

"Here's the deal, pet. Yer gonna prove to me that this," he tugged on the collar, "ain't gonna get ya hurt. How long to get yerself into the mindset, deep as ya can, without bein' tied?"

"Fifteen, twenty minutes."

"Fine. I'll go add a few surprises."

"Moment, boss."

"What?"

"Who's allowed t' touch? Who's allowed t' look?"

"Lucinda, me and the team can touch ya. Anyone can look.

*Anyone*."

"D'accord. Mais, y' start m' off, boss?"

Logan raised a brow.

Remy flushed. "Y' tighten m' collar, boss?"

"Sure." Remy sank to his knees and Logan tightened the collar. "Yer gonna be my good boy, aincha, pet?"

"Oui, boss."

*****

Bobby watched in utter fascination as Remy straightened the cabin, then settled on his knees. Logan stepped into the control room. "Icecube," he greeted then adjusted the settings of the room.

Remy had taken off his duster and hung it up. He was folded up now, forehead on the floor, but canted so he could watch the door with one eye through his bangs. His hands were flat against the floor to either side of his head. His knees were folded beneath him.

"Pretty, ain't he, Drake? They just ate him up at Thornrose."

"You're recreating that art thing?"

"Yep. Games can mess with yer head. Just makin' sure he don't get too caught up in the role."

"But that's over."

"It ain't. Look at him, Drake. Ain't no one there. Not even fakes. He put himself there, Bobby. He'll stay just like that too, unless it's an emergency. Been about fifteen minutes since I left him. Watch."

*****

Remy felt his pulse against the soft leather. The train rocked beneath him. There was an inherent boredom in submission. It wasn't as if he could read. All he could do was think and the thoughts his position led to just made him miserable as his cock pressed against the tight fabric of his jeans.

He heard a light step enter the room. He knew the long leg that entered his limited range of sight. She walked around him, appraising. She nudged his foot and he spread his knees further, flattening the line of his back. She settled on the bench and watched with a little wistful sigh.

*****

"Who's that?" Bobby asked, practically drooling.

"Lucinda. She's the organizer of the event."

"She's gorgeous."

"She yer type, Drake? Maybe Cyke *should* have sent ya with me."

"What? I don't know anything about art."

"How about that." He indicated the scene below them once more. A master had joined Lucinda to discuss some business matter.

Remy growled softly, fingers flexing in the carpet. Bobby frowned.

"What's he up to?"

"He's lettin' the master know he's got claws." Logan smirked as Lucinda snapped a quick "behave" at Remy.

*****

"Behave, child," Lucinda snapped.

"I don't mind it," the master smiled. "Pet sitting?"

"Escaping my responsibilities. Yet, they always find me." She smiled to take the sting out of it. Remy closed his eyes. He hated being still, even during jobs. It was worse to know that there was
nothing keeping him there except the fear of disappointing his master. His eyes flew open, but he didn't move. He knew the stride in the hall.

*****

"Now, we test the boy's common sense versus his mindset."

"Holy shit. You didn't."

"Course I did."

*****

Remy was moving before the door was fully open. He slashed across Sabretooth's chest with his holdout knife, drawing blood and giving him the opportunity to lock the door. He grabbed his trench and slung it on. "He breaks in, y' two run!" he snapped. "Don' question. Just do!"

Creed lunged through the door as Gambit spun his bo to full length. Lucinda grabbed the master's lapels and dragged him out of the room as it erupted into a flurry of movement and blood.

Remy was fighting for his life and he knew it. He couldn't risk getting caught by Creed's claws. He fought wildly. He had to get and keep the upper hand, fast. A burning pain ran up his arm. He
funneled the pain into his strikes. He jammed the blades of his bo through Creed's throat and Sabretooth went down.

Remy breathed deeply until his heart-rate dropped. He went down to a half-crouch and dropped his forehead to his knee. He didn't know what Logan would do. He felt hot tears in his eyes. The fingers of his left hand were numb.

*****

"Good boy," Logan grinned. He popped the tape. "Take this to Cyke?"

"Sure."

"Thanks."

Bobby left. Logan did as well, locking down the control room to go collect his boy.

*****

Remy dropped to his knees and folded down until his forehead was on the floor. Logan licked his lips, then frowned.

"Ya hurt, pet?"

"Oui, boss."

"End program." Logan collapsed the bo. "Up, pet."

"Boss, I'm sorry," Remy whispered. He got to his feet, but kept his eyes on the floor. Logan looked at him in confusion, then smiled gently.

He lifted Remy's chin. "No, pet, you did what I wanted." He wiped the single tear away.

"Y' said anyone could look. I attacked him."

"Creed would've killed ya, pet. Ya did real good," Logan soothed. He wanted to take off the collar before they saw the doctor, but the kid would take it as rejection. He kissed the thief gently. "I'm gonna take ya to Hank. He ain't allowed to know yer my pet."

"Boss?"

"I'm gonna have to take yer collar off. We're gonna have to find another way to mark ya." He pushed firmly on Remy's shoulder and Remy dropped to his knees. Logan removed the collar and put it in his pocket. "Remy, I need ya."

"Oui, Logan?" Remy prompted when nothing more was forth coming. Logan grinned.

"That's better. Let's go see Beast." Logan wasn't surprised when Remy's hand sought his. He squeezed the thief's hand. "Don't worry, ya ain't alone. I ain't gonna leave ya in the lab."  

Hank looked up in shock. "And what can I do for you fine gentlemen today?"

"Trainin' accident, Blue." Logan helped Remy remove his coat and sweater. Four bleeding scratched slashed across Remy's upper arm. Hank frowned.

"What have I told both of you about the safety settings on the Danger Room?" Hank patted the table and Remy took a seat reluctantly. Hank was gentle. "You're safe," he assured softly. He didn't know what or who had instilled the phobia, but he had a fairly good guess.

*****

"Scott?"

"Yes, Bobby?"

"Logan wanted me to bring this to you. It's a training video of Gambit."

"Oh?"

"It has to do with Gambit and that op last month."

"Thanks." Scott took the tape. Obviously, Logan had decided to prove that his pet wasn't affected in practical terms.

*****

Remy huddled under the blankets on his bed. He shivered as the anti-inflammatories had their usual effect. He wanted someone to snuggle up with, Logan, Storm, even Rogue. If Hank hadn't insisted he take the pills, he would've just dealt with the spasms in his shoulder.

*****
Logan leaned against Scott's desk. "Sufficient?"

"Yes. For now. The instant this affects him though, it's over."

"I heard ya the first time. I ain't gonna let him get hurt."

"About marking?"

"Yeah?"

"How about a bracelet? Still at a pulse point."

Logan considered. "I got the perfect thing."

*****

Remy snuggled gratefully into Logan's lap. Logan lifted Remy's left wrist and fastened a wide, flat, brown leather band around it, buckling the three straps firmly. "This don't come off, pet."

"Yes, boss." Remy flexed his wrist, getting used to the feel.

"Hank said ya'd get cold, but yer like ice."

"It's the pills. They kick m' metabolism int' overdrive. I ain't gonna take anymore when these wear off. I hate feelin' like this. Better wit' y'r arms around m'."

Logan's grip tightened. Remy's eyes drifted closed. "Go ahead and sleep, pet."

 

FINIS

Series this work belongs to: