Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
563
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,675

In The Arms Of My Angel 1 - Countrycide

Summary:

Summary: Jack needs to unwind

Work Text:



Fireside Chat 1 - Countrycide
by peja

 

He shoved through the door, stepping into the quiet refuge and shutting out the harsh reality crouching like a menacing predator behind that closed door.  The scent of pine and cedar swept over him and he leaned back tiredly against the rough-shorn panels that made up the door.

"Master?" The tinny voice amazingly seemed to hold a hint of worry.

A shuddering sigh tore from deep inside him and he opened his eyes to gaze down on the sleek, silver-painted metal dog. "I'm alright, K-9."

"Very good, Master." the robotic dog rolled backwards, a casual movement of invitation. "Shall I contact Master?"

He shrugged out of his greatcoat, casting it over the back of an over-stuffed chair. "I think...yes, please."  He moved heavily across the room, hunching down to lay in a fire in the stone hearth. that done, he moved across to the decadent bar and poured up two tumblers of port. He slammed back one without hesitation, then poured out a second measure and moved back across the room, heading for one of the comfortable chairs near the brightly burning and crackling fire.

The door swung open before he made it halfway there, though. His blue eyes darted, startled, to the other man.

"Jack," The new arrival said softly, managing to hold a courtly formality for all his quiet spokeness.

Jack Harkness stiffened, his eyes locked on brown ones.  "Doctor."

"Master?" K-9 chimed in, rolling forward to collect his due.

Chuckling The Doctor bent and gave the metal dog an affectionate pat. "How are you doing, then, K-9?"

"Very well, thank you, Master."

"Good. Very good."  He rose to his full height and once more resumed his regal stance, hands clasped behind his back. His calm, remote gaze sought Jack out again. "Been busy, have you?" He asked.

"No more than usual." Jack shrugged woodenly. "Took a drive in the country."

"Nice. Green Grass, Blue sky. Well, maybe not good, huh? Looking at you."

"Not so much."  Jack finished his trip to the waiting chair and set the glasses down on the cherry-stained ornate table.  "Didn't hear you arrive."

Jack straightened into The Doctor's embrace. A broken, desperate sigh hissed from him and he rotated around in the other man's arms, allowing him to smother him with his hungry kiss. when at last the kiss broke, Jack traced The Doctor's face with trembling hands and murmured, "Thank God you came."

"As if I wouldn't," the doctor teased smiling his concern.  "I got a distress beckon from K-9. Only one who knows about this place is you. Nothing could keep me away." He drew Jack down with him onto a fat chaise before the fire and held him close. "Want to tell me about it?"

Jack didn't even try to suppress the shudder that coursed through him. "Humans."

The Doctor gave an understanding little laugh. "I dare say."

Jack smiled a watery smile, the days emotions, so raw and ragged just moments before finally gurgling up out of his tortured mind and sliding harmlessly into the world of memory. Just being in The Doctor's arms taking away the horror of his team's near death at the hand of the cannibals this very day.


end

Final note: I'm thinking of other meetings between these two, but need to know if anyone is interested in reading, sooo....