Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
581
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
2,164

Testing

Summary:

Summary: Gibbs is testing Tony

Work Text:

Testing
by Starbucks Sue

 

Tony was growing more and more frustrated ...

First of all he'd had to stand in the bullpen and listen to both Abby and Ducky extolling the virtues of Stan 'the man' Burley who, apparently, was the epitome of an NCIS senior field agent as well as the being the most liked agent ever to grace the hallowed grounds of the Navy Yard. Then he'd had to put up with the smiles that Gibbs kept giving at the mention of his former second in command's name, and Gibbs NEVER smiled like that at work.

Tony was jealous ...

Ever since they'd landed on the ship Gibbs had been all over Stan Burley, dismissing Tony at every opportunity and when Tony was around the senior agent always seemed to be singing Burley's praises. Tony decided that Burley must be a saint, although he couldn't quite recall ever coming across a Saint Stanley during the years his mother had paraded him at Mass as an Altar Server. It had been her second favourite outfit next to the sailor suit and why the hell was he thinking about that now? According to Gibbs though the man could do no wrong, it appeared that every move Gibbs made was anticipated by the Agent Afloat and Gibbs' grin just seemed to get wider and wider.

It was all becoming too much for Tony to take ...

And now even Kate had noticed his jealousy and what the hell had that conversation been all about anyway? Different time, different dynamic? Things on the surface not being the same as things under the surface? Maybe Kate needed to visit the urinalysis coordinator in an official capacity! He'd denied it of course, he couldn't let Kate of all people know how much he craved Gibbs' attention and affection. Damn it, she'd already likened him to a lost puppy, accusing him of following Gibbs around, jumping to attention at his every command and constantly nudging at him for attention.

Gibbs was playing a game ...

Oh yes, he knew all too well how his lover worked. Tony knew that all the little jibes and comments, gruff remarks and asides, as well as the barked orders that Gibbs was aiming at him were deliberate. Just like the way that Gibbs was praising up Burley, leading him on and making Tony jealous at the same time. Oh yes, Tony knew exactly what game Gibbs was playing, he just hoped that Burley didn't catch on.

Gibbs was testing him ...

There was no two ways about it. Ok so they were on a ship, they had to be completely professional the whole time, this was not somewhere they could mess around, it would just be way too obvious. Gibbs just wasn't playing fair. Tony stared out at the horizon trying to calm himself down. Gibbs was ignoring him, Kate was laughing at him and Burley ... well Burley just kept looking at him in puzzled amusement, as if he couldn't decide just why he was on Gibbs' team.

Tony sighed ...

The game Gibbs was playing was definitely turning Tony on, as he had known it would. To give in would be to fail and if there was one thing Tony didn't like to do, it was fail. So Tony knew there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it until they were safely home in DC.

Then Tony would get his revenge!

 

end