Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
3,140
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,075

I'm Looking for Something...

Summary:

Fandoms: NCIS, CSI, CSI NY, CSI Miami
Pairings: Tony/Gibbs. Nick/Gil. Mac/Danny. H.
Word Ct: A whole ton...a weeks worth of word work.
Rating:PG 13
A/n: Very AU etc. Very much an odd song fic(lets?). Another music inspired piece. Very Un-Beta'd too.
Disclaimer: The boys, shows, and song muse so ain't mine.
Summary: What can tempt or destroy a man?

Work Text:

Red
Something that's shocking to turn a man's head...A guaranteed number to knock the man dead...

*It's a good thing I've got a change of clothes at the office* is all he can think to himself as he walks out of the club. Smoothing a hand down his chest with a sigh. It was a damn shame to waste the silk shirt tonight but crime doesn't wait for him to get laid before happening. He'd just been getting into a groove too. Rubbing against the swaying bodies of men and women alike had him smoking just a few minutes ago but now all he was, was just depressed.

The team hadn't gotten a Saturday off like this in months and now it was time to go again. Jumping in the cab he pays the man to make tracks and quick. He's come into the office dressed for clubbing before. But he had a feeling they'd still stammer and stare. Tight leather pants paired with his favorite blood red silk shirt, and nothing but skin between the two had made him feel hot and bothered all night. And now it was wasted. Couldn't help it though because Tony knew that at the end of the day all he had was the team and his job. That was all that mattered. 

No matter how much Tony knew they'd smirk at him tonight he still loved them. Well he loved most of them but there was still one that trumped them all. And that man, a one Leroy Jethro Gibbs had been trying his patience lately. Snapping at this, complaining about that, and smacking him around all the damn time. Tony had about smacked him back yesterday, he'd gotten to the point on the case where he just wanted to scream. And punch Gibbs a couple of times just for kicks. Instead he'd helped close the case, typed for real and really fast, and been gone like a shot as soon as he could.

He'd been planning on fucking to get Gibbs off the brain. Top or bottom he didn't care, especially once he started feeling good the whiskey way. Thank god he thought for his high tolerance because while showing up to work looking slutty was fine showing up drunk was not. Thinking of sex, drinking, and missed opportunities just depressed him more. So tuning out the world around was the better idea and as he stared out the taxi window he could only hope for an easy case.

.............

Tony had to shake his head at the hefty price tag that the taxi ride had cost him. He missed the better days before all this recession crap. It had been a trip of twisty turns and traffic lights. And all that had him here in the elevator dreading doing his job for the next couple of days. Maybe it was the drink or his looming depression but man even his dick didn't want to think none.

It was as the doors opened to the bullpen that he was thrown, literally from his thoughts and into the wall. He felt the impact as his eyes struggled to open and his body thrown off his attacker. The arms let him go and as he stands and stares he's full of shock. Especially as Gibbs stops the car and tuns back with a snarl on his face. Tony stops cowering and just blinks as Gibbs corners him again. The man whispers in his ear "What the fuck are you playing at DiNozzo? Is this you always dress or just when you're looking to get some?"

Both are barely breathing as they look into each others eyes. And before a blink goes by they're lunging at one another in the small space and are just kissing, really sucking face, and about to at it when Tony just has to pull back. He manages a gasping "What the..." when Gibbs grabs him again and with a smile just says with all seriousness "That damn shirt, that damn shirt made me..." Tony decided to take it from there and just asked "What  did it make you realize Jethro? That you wanted me, wanted to fuck me?" And he found himself taken aback as Gibbs kissed his cheek and whispered again into his ear "Yes it made me want you, but it also made me realize how much I loved you, and how big of a fool I was." *Oh god* Tony thinks to himself as he looks at Gibbs and with a smirk said with a determined air "But you're my fool." And then he quickly moved over and pressed the start button. And with a shake of his ass and the resulting groan he knew things had changed, his life had changed, and all for the better. 

Green
Jealousy comes in the color of jade...And a perfume that whispers please come back to me.

Looking into the mirror Nicky knew he looked damn good. He'd dressed in his tightest blue jeans, tightest tee shirt and ready to go all out cowboy style tonight. He had some wrangling to do and fuck if he was gonna give up. It was the teams day off and they had a holiday picnic planned. Shaking his head Nicky had to laugh a bit, he still found it unbelievable that they had all received July 4th off. It was a busy time of year but the night shift had been running in nothing but fumes lately.  And even Ecklie had been known to be generous at times. And today was one of those god given lucky days that Nicky swore only happen every decade or so.

But he wasn't discounting it. Today gave him the chance to gain some attention not only from the team but the only man he'd ever wanted. He had even planned to wear his boots and hat. And sprinkle on some of that cologne Gil had left behind from their last try. And he knew the combination was set for stun and instant sex appeal. Maybe he'd finally reign his ideal man in. They'd been going back and forth between the sheets and as coworkers for years now and Nick was dead tired of it. It had been a fast Ferris wheel ride of sex, love, and Gil leaving him again and again.

But he knew today was it. The last time he'd try. It was all he had left in him. He'd try to woo him and convince him that Nick and maybe work was all he needed in life. And that he shouldn't keep abandoning one for not even the other. Gil had never given him a good excuse, always saying it wasn't Nick but Gil himself. Nick knew Gil was scared. Hell Nick was scared most days and not just about his personal life. Work and all the danger he'd faced had him clamoring up the walls some days. At the end of it all Nick only knew one thing, that he wanted to be with Gil but couldn't keep getting his heart stomped on.

This was the end of the road for him with Gil, with work, and with Vegas. Maybe his mom was right. She'd been telling him to come home and get his head on straight. The whole family knew about him and Gil. And hate was a polite word for how his parents felt for his ex lover. That had him thinking more and more about leaving everyday. It was as Nick was grabbing his keys and almost out the door that he took one last and very final look around the apartment that had never become home and knew things might just be changing.
........

Standing at Gil's house gate Nick had take the time to breathe. He knew how matter how tight his clothes were, how sexy he looked, and how good he smelled it was still up to Gil. He could hear the laughter and could tell the drinks had been flowing for awhile. And pushing on the door Nick is pulled up short. The very first thing he'd seen was Gil and Greg kissing behind the bushes. He'd done all this, had prepared, had loved, and sacrificed almost all of who he was and the bastard had played him. And as he turns around and hears the gate slam he can't help the tears of anger and sadness that fall. But he knows he can help himself get over it all. And as he jumps back into his truck he starts dialing the Las Vegas airport. He knows when he's not welcome and frankly Texas and people who loved him were calling his name.

Speeding away from the scene of his love gone wrong he knew his heart hurt. It was all constricted and tighter than the tee shirt that Nick was all wrapped up in. Not giving a care for the man or his favorite tee shirt Nick rips it off and pulls on a new one from his getaway bag in the back. Yeah the getaway bag for all those unpleasant moments of heartbreak that you find yourself in Nicky. He thinks to himself with a snort *Never again. I'm always the one hurt, never fucking again* he swears this to himself as he's pulling away from the stoplight. His life was in the green from here on out and damn if Nick would be stopping for love anytime soon. 

White
Something that shimmers in soft candle light, everyone calls us the most perfect pair...

He had wanted to be buried. God he had wanted all that dirt to surround him. He didn't know how Danny could have found that comforting. Just the thought of it had near hives on Mac's arms. He still couldn't believe it was over. In the blink of an eye or the shooting of a gun Danny's life had been stolen from him.

...

It had been a nasty hostage situation, one that Danny had found himself in purely by accident. He'd supposedly stopped by the bank on the way into work and not even 10 minutes later the bank was being robbed. All of the hostages had been surprised and by all accounts the situation had been beyond chaotic. They'd demanded wallets, keys, jewelry, all the standard stuff that was expected to asked for. Mac remembers what the female hostage next to Danny said about it all. Mary Jenkins had been in front of Danny and had been thrown down to the floor and by him. As he had to a few others. He'd told them all to be calm and just do as they were told. Jenkins said even Danny had done as they asked. But not before texting what was to be his last message to Flack. "Bnk JB, 105th st...16+ hstges...." She'd seen him start another text only to bashed in the head before sending it. They'd taken the phone and everything else and started in on their demands.

The robbery had escalated when the robbers were told that the manager had stepped out. Jenkins and the others only recalled screaming and fighting between the robbers and the tellers. There had been alot of gun waving and loud threatening but it was only when one the tellers tried to escape that the shooting had started. It had been less than a minute of gunfire when all went silent. Only two of the robbers were standing.

And as Jenkins and the other hostages looked around they heard crying. That's when Ms. Jenkins had looked over and spotted Danny being held by a heavily pregnant hostage. The blood was her first clue. Then the sobbing woman was the next one. She had crawled over to Danny and tried to stop the bleeding.  But she knew without looking at the wound that he was dying. Glimpsing into the hero's eyes she said she felt her heart breaking as he was laid there in agony. They all heard the sirens, the continued screaming, the police taking control. But it was at the moment where Danny died that time was frozen. Mac remembers watching Jenkins as she cried though her recalling the death of Danny. His heart breaking alongside hers as she says his last words over and over "Tell him I'm sorry and that I forgive...."

...

No one but Mac knew what the young man had meant. They'd tried and failed over the past couple of years to make something work between them. He'd fallen hard for the Italian and had fought it every step of the way. It had been just after Claire that Danny had caught his eye. He'd hated the feelings that Danny brought forth within him. And Danny suffered the brunt of his grief and anger for so long. It had been years since Claire's death but still he had made Danny bear the burden. Mac had never been the most stable of people but he had always thought Danny saw past that and still loved him.

At least until their last failed try. Mac had been on a tear at work and at home. He had never let up on Danny. Always railing, always berating until one day when Danny gave up and walked out. Saying he'd had enough and that it was over. That had been a little over two weeks before the bank and now Mac was out of could have beens or one more try. He was out of hope of ever having another love. He couldn't believe he was out of chances. It was the gods telling him something. Maybe he just wasn't worthy. And as he looked down into the white silk of the coffin bed that Danny was to lay in for eternity he felt his heart shut down, with the hopes of never being opened again.


Blue
Something in blue, something real tiny the baby's brand new...we were once hot lovers now were more like friends, don't tell me that's just what old married folk do.... 

~Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong~   H could swear that he had heard the doorbell. Getting out of bed he looked over at the clock. It was only 5 a.m. Moving forward H thought to himself again *Who could be at the door this early?*  Scratching at his head, he tried to think of anyone it could be. Not managing to believe it could be anyone from the squad or his brother even. They all knew both of personal phone numbers. And hell, even with the new baby, Ray and Yelina wouldn't be bothering him this early.

Getting to the door H listened for any noise or indication of who it was. But when he swung the door open whatever or whoever it was that H could have expected it certainly wasn't what he saw. In the early Miami dawn H found himself looking into small pools of little boy blue eyes. The eyes which had tears in them and a face whose nose was sniffling and runny. Looking down was a little hard on his back so early in the morning. So kneeling down H reached for the little boy and started to question him when he was interrupted. The boy looked up and just batted his eyelashes and held out a grimy envelope. H had to lean in closer to him as the boy stuttered "Momma said to give you this."

Still barely able to see and function H took the envelope and upon opening it has to stifle a gasp. He hadn't seen or heard the writers name in nearly 5 years. He'd thought of her fondly, still longed to find her in his bed and in his arms. But she'd left him and well now she'd left him their son supposedly. Reading through the letter again and taking a cautious sniff in appreciation of her flowery scent H had to fight down his innate cynicism. Taking a good look at the boys bright red hair, shiny blue eyes, and pale Irish complexion H knew without a DNA test or further investigation that this boy was his.

Knowing that didn't help either of them. H didn't know what to do from here on out. In a panic he calls Ray and Yelina, informing them of the toddler, the letter, and the early doorbell wake-up call. He had called off as soon as he had convinced his son Kyle to come inside. As it was H was a little worried about Kyle and he himself was a little shocked over the whole situation. Ray had promised to come over. H had not seen Kyle with anything but the letter so Ray was also bringing some clothes, pull ups, and maybe a few toys. H was grateful for his family. And as he moved closer to Kyle and made the boy cuddle closer to him he couldn't help but think of all the changes his boy's arrival would bring.

...

H fought down the tears of fatherly emotion and pride as he stood and watched his son navigate his first day in the lab. The last 15 years had been a roller coaster ride of good and bad times. He still thinks the worst time was when Julie died from an overdose. And then less then a year later Kyle got involved with those drug pushing punks. For him those were the frighteningly bad times in their life as father and son. Kyle might think differently but regardless of it all they'd come out of things on top. Or as much as this world allowed them too.

He doesn't regret the changes. It had been inevitable, him leaving the bomb squad and moving into the CSI labs. His eyes had already been going at that point. Kyle and the others, especially Rick told him his glasses made him look distinguished. Ray still teased him about his age, the gray hair and his expanding waistline. But on the other hand H still teased Ray and Yelina about their crazy 6 kids and no sex life. It had been a decade and a half in which he became a father in title, then a Dad in action, and now as he looks at his nearly grown son he hopes to stay that and become a mentor and confidant as well. Kyle only had up to go, and if his first semester at college was anything to go by his star would shine brightly and shoot far.

H had never felt so conflicted. He was proud of his grown up son but he still missed that happy go lucky little boy that chased his cousins around the yard. But he consoled himself with the idea of his son's success, eventual grand kids and plenty of retirement to enjoy with his lover and family by his side.