Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
438
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,395

By the Way

Summary:

In a moment of grief.

Angel/Don...

Work Text:

Don wasn’t even paying attention to the doctor anymore. His back had hit the wall. The room was spinning. He was about to lose his mind. He couldn’t stop crying. He’d lost her. He’d held her for the last time as she was bleeding out in his arms. He could barely move or see through his tears to call people. First her dad needed told and then the team. It had happened so quickly that he didn’t know who knew what. Don has to take a deep breath when he realizes that the team were the only ones they had told. Not even their families knew how much they loved each other. Or had loved one another rather.

 

Calling them was harder then anything else. He had been barely able to get it out. Stumbling through everything, he hoped they understood it through his clogged voice. He had to swallow a lot to apologize and explain. And now, here he was, waiting for Danny. He had, been waiting for the doctor. But the only person he really wanted to see was Jess. He wanted to take her in his arms and start the day over. But that was never going to happen. He would never hold her close, kiss her softly, or smell her sweet scent again. He would never be able to propose as he had planned. They would never have that family, that happiness that they both had longed for.

 

Never was a hard word to swallow. One that he knew would haunt him for a long time, if not forever. And Don had to fight off the urge to puke when he looked up and saw Danny coming towards him. He didn’t know what to say. The doctor could explain it better than him. All he could afford to do was give a headshake and cry more tears. He hurt all over and he didn’t want to move, let alone try to explain anything. It was when Danny hit the wall that Don’s heart hit the bricks as well. It was too late for him and Jess, but not for him to have his revenge. He’d get those bastards who shot her. But He wasn’t leaving before he got to say goodbye to his angel one last time. 
 

Heading to the morgue was like heading to his own execution. But he couldn’t leave her alone for much longer. He wanted one last look at her perfection before she was cut open and ruined even more. Just one more glimpse before he went back into the fight. Just one more chance to say he loved her and tel her goodbye.