Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Roommates
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
477
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,154

Roommates: Mama Mia!

Summary:

The contest wraps up and the decision becomes final.

Work Text:

Title: Mama Mia!
Author: Lopaka Tanu
Disclaimer: I do not own Golden Girls.
Characters: Blanche, Sophia, Rose.
Words: 428
Fandom: Golden Girls
Pairing: N/A
Rating: Gen
Warnings: Language
Summary: The contest wraps up and the decision becomes final.
Author's Note: Sequel to 'Searching...Please Hold'.
______________________________________

 

"Are we bad people?"  Leaning against the door, Rose frowned at no one in particular.  She wasn't completely sure that the door would hold the psycho out.  "I mean, there has to be a reason why we can't meet a nice, ordinary person to be our roommate."

"That's because there isn't one.  What we had was a lucky lightning strike.  It only happens once!"  Picking up the last of the shards from her broken lamp, Blanche placed them in the paper bag.  Once they were safely inside, she folded the top over three times.

"Yeah, but still.  I meet nice people down at the senior center all the time.  Where are the ones seeking roommates?"  Mystified, Rose shook her head.  She took a hesitant step away from the door.  When it didn't automatically jerk from someone on the other side, she let out a sigh of relief.

"I tell you what, after that last person I am ready to just chuck this entire idea!"  Dust broom and pan in hand, Blanche stood up.  She used her other hand to wipe off the front of her pants.  "I cannot believe the nerve of that agency.  We told them the type of person we were looking for.  No one, and I say again because it bares repeating, no one they sent over has even remotely met any of our criteria."

"May be we should put up a flier in the market."  Rose put out a hand to guide herself back in to the chair.  She exhaled with pleasure the moment she sat down.  "It worked for us.  We could give it a shot again."

Blanche snapped her fingers and pointed at Rose.  "That's not half bad...well, except the market's overrun by hoodlums.  We couldn't put up our number or our address because then we'd be getting crank calls all night, or worse, they'd come in and rob the place.  Remember what happened to Norma Flagstein?"  By the time she finished speaking, her finger was limply pointed towards the floor.

"I say we forget the whole thing."  Sucking back her spiked tea, Sophia was the more mellow of the three.  "We have only one more contractually obligated interview left.  We give them a few minutes, tell them the room's been taken, and call the agency in the morning."

"All right, sounds good to me!"  Picking up the paper bag, Blanche headed for the kitchen to toss it.

Sighing, Rose nodded her acceptance.  She had been looking forward to a new roommate, but not at this cost.  "Count me in too."

 

THE END........................

Series this work belongs to: