Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
392
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,010

Remembering

Summary:

Ziva's thoughts on her life before her death. Spoilers for Aliyah.

Work Text:

                             Remembering

Disclaimer: I do not own NCIS; it is the property of its respective creators.

  

“I want to give her time to remember.” Gibbs talking about Ziva, in Aliyah, NCIS Season Finale.   

 

Shortly after the last scene of Aliyah…                     

 

     Ziva David was many things, a traitor, spy, assassin, double agent, friend, lover, sister, and daughter, among the top ones.  She had never expected to end her life in a terrorist cell.  At least, she had hoped not, it was always a possibility where she came from.  The decision to never be captured alive came early in her life, with her friends and then her little sister being blown to smithereens all around her.

   

     As she landed the killing blow to her captor, she staggered back, because his handy work had finally caught up to her, she allowed herself to think over her life,  remembering the sight of Tali’s laugh, Ari’s devilish grin, her mother waiting for her when she came home from school.  Likewise, she could see the ashes that remained of Tali after the bombing, Ari lying dead in Gibb’s basement by her hand, at their Father’s orders, her Mother’s lifeless body after years of battling the disease that claimed her life.

   

    As the blood loss starts to hinder her mind, she sees images flash before her eyes. Images of Gibbs, the Father she wished she had, Tony the lover she would forever regret she let get away, McGee the little brother she never had, Abby who reminded her so much of Tali, what she could have been like, Ducky her kindly Uncle, Jenny her former partner, who she hopes she will  soon be reunited with.

   

    As her world turns black, Ziva David wishes the best for her family, knowing they will never find her in time. Her real family, not her father, who she dreams will die a painful death and rot for all eternity.  Then, she’s not one to talk, not with all she’s seen and done.

    

     Praying her NCIS family will hold on to the anger they currently feel towards her, so by the time her death truly sets in, there will be nothing left to feel, Ziva David slips into the next realm. Ready to meet up with those already waiting,  if the fates allow, and to overlook those still left behind.          

                                                                                           Valerie Portolano

       May 19, 2009