Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
567
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,395

Rewarding The Rescuer

Summary:

Kon is so not a damsel in distress. …But at least Robin always comes to his rescue.

Work Text:

Rewarding The Rescuer 

 

Having to be rescued totally sucks, but actually being rescued – that rocks.

 

Because really, if he had to listen to Ratcatcher sing to his rats for one more minute, he was going to go insane. Where was the Pied Piper when you really needed him?

 

Probably off shagging the Trickster, actually.

 

Thanks, man,” Kon said gratefully, ripping off the meta-strength ropes that had held him to the walls with a vengeful glee he normally only reserved for punching out supervillains – of which Ratcatcher was not one.

 

Though he had made a passable impression of one for that past four hours. Kon couldn’t hold back a shudder at the memory.

 

“No problem,” Robin replied, unable or, more likely, unwilling, to keep the amusement out of his tone – or the smirk off his face, the jerk. “How did he catch you?”

 

“I was too cocky,” Kon admitted, because acting humble would make him sound less lame when he finished, “And somehow, he had Kryptonite.”

 

“Ah.” Robin nodded dutifully. “That would do it.” He cocked his head to the side, examining Kon. “You feeling okay?”

 

Kon nodded. He was a little tired, but not too bad, as far as Kryptonite exposure went. “I’m good.”

 

“Great. I wasn’t going to let you out of our date tonight that easily,” Robin said, smirking at him archly, before he turned on his heels and started striding away, his cape swirling and snapping behind him in that way he knew turned Kon on impossibly much.

 

“You mean you wouldn’t have tucked me into bed with chicken soup and hot chocolate and fussed over me?” Kon demanded, faking shocked hurt as he watched Tim’s fantastic ass ripple directly in front of him – he was still a bit too tired to fly, so he was walking, which was fine. More than fine – the view was, as previously stated, fantastic.

 

Though it was a good thing Robin knocked Ratcatcher out as well as tying him up – no way he wanted that creepy old dude seeing his Tim like that.

 

“My ‘fussing’ abilities would have extended as far as calling for pizza and letting you hog the TV remote, but that’s about it,” Robin riposted.

 

Miffed, Kon glared at Robin’s back. Four hours of Ratcatcher’s completely tone deaf singing, and being nibbled on by his rats while exposed to Kryptonite, and because he could walk away from the scene under his own power, he was expected to just grin and bear it? He didn’t think so. “Ah. Good to know,” Kon mused in fake idleness, as a plan popped into his head fully-formed.

 

Robin arched an eyebrow in inquiry as he whistled for the Supercycle.

 

“If you weren’t planning to fuss over me, then I guess I don’t need to ‘reward’ you for rescuing me,” Kon elaborated, tone breezy and unconcerned.

 

Robin whirled to face him, a rather dark cast to his features. “Oh…really,” he practically purred, low and dangerous.

 

Kon wobbled a bit, and blanched, but held his verbal ground. “Really,” he said, almost, but not quite, perfectly bland in tone.

 

Robin shifted from foot to foot, once, twice, then turned and started walking again. After a moment, Kon followed. “Perhaps…” Robin mused as the Supercycle landed next to him. “Perhaps a bit of fussing is in order.”

 

Kon hid a grin, but gave a silent shout of victory.