Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,042
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,166

He can't die

Summary:

Summary: John was shocked and then frightened when he saw Jack back from the dead.  Why was he so scared?

Work Text:

He can't die
by Lilithangel

 

He can't die.  The most psychotic bastard I've ever had the pleasure of fucking has the power of a god.  So too right I was nervous.  The Time Agency didn't hire people for their noble ideals.  I'm pretty sure their psych testing was to get those immoral or ambitious enough to not care about what we had to do to keep the timelines pure.  Me, I'm immoral among other things but Jack, Jack didn't seem to care what he did so long as he had access to Time Agency resources.  He had charm to burn sure and that got us in and out of a lot of beds as well as trouble.

We were a good team for the time we had, well on the way to fast track promotion. He was so proud when he earned his captaincy, hell we all were.  Biggest damn party most of us had ever been to.  Lots of proud parents and partners, all the top brass of the Agency turned up for our marching out.  Jack, all he got was a congratulation note from the Boeshane Chamber of Commerce.  Half a bottle of hyper vodka got me some of the story then he charmed the pants off me until I forgot to ask him more.

Sure I searched for him after that thing with the Time Agency and his memories.  We were partners and he disappeared, and the bastard owed me money.  During my search I heard rumours about a planet and a species he'd talked about in his nightmares so I went looking and found the kid.  Seen a lot of sick things in my career and that planet was right up there.  Testament to the family genes that the kid survived, not a good testament considering, but not surprising

Then when that bitch sent me off across the universe looking for my diamond I found him.  Pure luck again, but then I was always lucky.  The fish told me he had a team so I had to see what sort of con he was running.  Whatever it was he didn't want to share it with me so I went with the original plan, get his little team to find the pieces for me and then snatch them back.  I didn't even kill any of
them.  Okay maybe teeth would have died if eye candy didn't get to her in time, but he seemed like the efficient sort.  Maybe I did push Jack off the building, poor impulse control that's me, it's no wonder rehab failed really.  But I was sorry after I did it.

Then there he was, not a scratch on him with his little minions at his side.  Wonder how they found out he couldn't die?  Wouldn't put it past eye candy to have put a bullet in his head, seems the sort to bottle things up and explode at inopportune moments.

It's not like he gave me any idea things had changed.  We kissed, we fought, we made up and then he went to kick me out of bed as it were.  Nothing new there, we'd done it to each other a hundred times.  Only difference was I knew he meant it and he knew I never did.  It was worth it to have those hands on you, big and competent it didn't matter if they were making it hurt or making you purr, it was always good.

Jack came top of the class in everything to do with hurting people a lot.  He didn't hate it and he didn't enjoy it like some of us might have, he was just good at it.  All the glorious charm that got him into every bed in the Agency more than once just hid a core of nothing.  It was like he was empty and willing to fill it up with whatever was on offer.  He was a good little Agency soldier; never
ask questions just do the job.  Nothing got in the way of the job not even team mates so we all learnt to do the job when we worked with him.

So having that immortal was not an idea I was keen on, especially after I'd killed him.  Never forget, that was his motto.  It's why they took his memories, wasn't many punishments that fazed him.  Hell he invented half of them.  Everyone caved with him because he didn't care.  You can't bargain with that.  Sure he was greedy, we all were, and that was why I thought he'd go for the deal.

Okay, so maybe the idea of killing him again got me hard briefly, failed murder rehab didn't I?  Then his eyes told me how long he would keep me alive begging for death while he never changed.  That's a chilling thought isn't it?

He said he was different but I couldn't see it, not really.  Aside from his strange attachment to our genetic ancestors anyway.  This planet, this century is worlds away from where we came from.  Worlds and centuries since we'd even been in the same galaxy.  It was a nice enough little planet and I liked the gravity, gave me a good strength boost from my own which is kind of sexy really.  So I figured some sort of long term rule the world plan, not some stupid save the world plan.  Humanity got off this little rock and Jack knows that so what he's protecting is beyond me.

Such a small rock in the scheme of things, but there was something keeping him here.  Sure there's some damn nice tail around and his pretty friends seem to worship the ground he walks on, but there's only four of them after all and he's had more than that worship him in an afternoon.

So I'm going to pick up the kid, arrange a little reunion and see what that does to his point of view.

But first you can get me another drink and maybe I won't kill you.  I've got some cat nuns to go visit and you better believe I'm going to need it.

 

END