Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
239
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,280

Definitions of Fun

Summary:

Summary: Set post-Crown of Fools. Marlene discovers that there's more than one way to have fun

Work Text:


Definitions of Fun
by Buffy

Marlene headed over to the penguin enclosure with a fish smoothie in hand. She wanted information, and her best bet was Private, he was the weak link in the team. Rico was nuts, and Kowalski was much too loyal to Skipper to reveal the information she wanted. And the smoothie would guarantee Private would sing like, well, a bird.

She had to give him credit, Private at least recognized that something was up when she offered him the smoothie. But all she'd had to do was give him her cutest look and he caved. "Skipper's been going down into the sewers every Monday night since the mission."

Of all the answers she could have gotten for Skipper and Kowalski's disappearances one night a week for two months straight, that was not one she'd thought of. "Oookay. Next question: why?"

"Because Monday is Fun-Day, and Skipper said sparring with the king rat was the most fun he'd had in years."

Marlene covered her eyes with one paw. She had to wonder if all penguins were insane, or just the ones at this zoo. "And Kowalski goes along with . . . why?"

Surprisingly, Rico had the answer to that one. "Because he has more fun with Skipper when he's pumped from a victory."

Marlene reminded herself never to ask about Skipper and Kowalski ever again. There were just some things an otter wasn't supposed to know.

 

end