Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
299
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
990

Paradox

Summary:

Summary: Love is a paradox, particularly to those without it.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Paradox
by Omega

 

It is a tradition, this continual marrying of humans. My son began it when he married Amanda. Even to this day, I have not forgiven him for that breach of tradition. And now, his son has bonded to a human as well. The difference is that his Human is male.

I only met him once, on the sands of Vulcan. He came to escort my grandson to his wedding. His affianced broke Tradition as well, rejecting my grandson, choosing Him as her champion.

They fought.

A long, hard, and bloody battle. Though it is illogical, I still shy from the memory of that crumpled figure cradled in my grandson's arms. When he turned to bid me farewell, undoubtedly intending to end his life, I saw the pain, agony, and profound regret in his eyes. It took that near Death of his friend to make him realize what his friend meant to him.

Yet they remained silent, unwilling to burden the other. My grandson left Him at the end of his duty tour and came back to Vulcan, intending to purge his emotions. He finally realized, though, that he was not meant to walk among these placid, red sands. His home was in space, on his ship, by his Beloved's side.

He returned to his ship and his friend accepted him once again. Undoubtedly, he had been hurt, but he was willing to forgive. An illogical but . . . admirable trait. Curious, the adaptability of these Humans.

And now, they are Bonded, residing in space, their home. A strange and frightening paradox, this thing they call Love. I have never known love. But they have. It is something they will never forget. Nor will I ever forget witnessing its birth.

T'Pau, Eldest Mother of the House of Surak.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Omega.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.