Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
351
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
901

One Last Goodbye

Summary:

What Jenny's letter could have said.

Work Text:

 

                                                One Last Goodbye               

 

Dear Jethro,

  

     I don't know how to say this, other than being blunt. I'm dying. By the time you receive this, I will have moved on. The reason I didn't tell you these things in person is because I'm a coward. I couldn't face your pity. I'd rather you hate me than pity me.

      I'm so sorry that we didn't work out, more than you'll ever know. I should have never left you in Paris.  It was the biggest mistake of my life, choosing my five star plans over us, time and time again.

 

     I'm sorry for all the hurt I've caused you by leaving you. I hope you can forgive me, and if you can't, well, I understand. I have three things to ask of you to do after my death.

 

     First, I want you to try and find someone that will make you happy, in everything, not just fulfill your short term needs, like I did. I want someone who can be all the things I couldn't, for you. I don't want to see an ex-wife number four from up above.

 

     Second, I don't want you to mourn me. Live your life, you never know when time's up. I'll say hi to Shannon and Kelly for you, tell them how much you miss and love them.

 

     Third, keep an eye on everyone for me. They'll need it. Pass this on:

Tony, you're a Great team leader, don't doubt that.

 Ziva, you were a great friend to me. Get out from under your Father's thumb.  McGee, you're a great addition to the team. Stop doubting yourself. 

Abby: You're a bright woman; tell that special someone how you feel.

And Ducky: Keep everyone together, and don't let Jethro do anything he shouldn't [HA]!

 

      I'll be watching over all of you, besides, Shannon, Kelly, Agent Todd and Agent Cassidy, waiting until we meet again.

 

 Forever Yours,

 Jenny Sheppard