Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
360
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,194

How Little We Know

Summary:

Summary: Tony is fascinated by  Gibbs’ knowledge of sign language.

Work Text:

How Little We  Know
by Lizabeth S.  Tucker

Rating:  G
Pairing:  None
Spoilers:  Seadog
Archive: Yes, just let me know  where.
Disclaimer: The characters in the story  are the sole property of everyone but me. No money is received.

After Gibbs left for his lunch date with the reporter, Tony wandered back down to Abby’s lab, curious about Gibbs’ knowledge of sign language.  Two years with NCIS and he was still  learning things about his boss.  Tony already knew the basics about the man, having done some discreet  hacking into the personnel files of one Leroy Jethro Gibbs after being offered a  position at  NCIS.

Tony stood shyly in the doorway, watching the  vibrant young woman working on mysterious tests for other teams, her music  blaring in the background. Although  as loud as it was, background didn’t seem quite the right word. He was having second thoughts.  Gibbs would definitely wouldn’t appreciate someone snooping into his  life, if he found out about it.  And  he would definitely find out if Tony used Abby to find out the answers.  The thought made him shudder and he  turned around, heading for the elevator.  He quickly slipped into the box, certain that the ding wouldn’t be heard  by the forensic expert.

There was no way to find out how Gibbs knew sign language, no safe way, but there was a way for Tony to be able to understand the rapid hand movements.  After all, he knew other  languages and he was very good with his hands.  Why not try to learn a few simple  phrases himself?  Something that  would surprise Gibbs.

Tony slipped behind his desk, ignoring Kate’s curious stare.  He went searching through the internet,  finally settling on a website that provided video showing how to sign.   Keeping his hands out of Kate’s  sight, Tony used the next few hours while Gibbs was gone to try some basic  phrases that could be used in response to anything his boss might say.  He found it harder than he had imagined  to set his fingers and hands just so.

Now all he had to do was wait for Gibbs to return and he would be ready, provided he didn’t forget in the interim.

 

April  2009