Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
450
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,079

Don't

Summary:

Evil lurks in many places.

Work Text:

Don't.
by Lopaka Tanu

 

"Minions of the dark one." He swallowed. "I'm surrounded!" Throwing himself back against the wall, Ezekiel tried to make himself as small as possible. He cringed away from the outstretched hand. Closing his eyes, he began to pray softly. "The lord is my Sheppard, I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures."

Drawing back his hand, Dean stared at the man with wide eyes. "Whoa, dude, what the hell is this about?"

Ezekiel gasped. Reaching up, he quickly covered his ears with both hands. "He anointth my head with oil, my cup runth over."

Dean slowly took a step back from the man. He kept his hands up and made no sudden moves.

More than a little perturbed by the sight, Sam leaned in to his brother's space. "What did you do to him?"

"Me?" The accusation quickly snapped Dean from his surprise. Facing Sam, he scowled at him. "What makes you think..." The look the taller man gave him made him sigh. "Nothing, I swear. He wanted to hear the radio, so I turned it on. That's when he went all batshit."

Sam winced. "Please tell me you didn't put in one of your tapes."

"What am I supposed to put it on?" Dean stared at him like he had lost his mind. "There's nothing but Britney Spears and Kenny G on the radio here. I'm pretty sure the Jesus freaks would rather throw stones at both than 'suffer their presence'." Dean finished with air quotes.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Sam turned away from both men. "I'm going out for a while. If you can coax Brother Ezekiel out of the corner, get him something to eat." This was just too much for his mind to take.

Seeing that his brother was serious, Dean scowled at him. "So, what, you're just going to leave me here with him?"

"You agreed to watch him." Sam quickly slipped on his jacket and made his way to the door. "He's now your responsibility. If in doubt, don't do anything you would normally do." With that, he turned the knob and walked out. The door gently shut behind him.

Dean looked back to Ezekiel. The man was now gently rocking in the far corner. There had to be something they could do that wouldn't scare the man. "Hey, you ever watch television?"

Sam made it too the Impala before he realized what a colossal mistake he had just made. He was about to turn back when a shrill screech echoed in the parking lot. Wincing, he decided against it and climbed in the car. He needed to be drunk for this.

 

THE END..........................