Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
728
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,051

If You Love Me

Summary:

Hank and Bobby have a rather harsh arguement. Slash. Beast/Iceman, mentions of Iceman/Northstar.

Work Text:

He held Bobby wrists firmly in his large paws. The Iceman's body pressed closely against his, struggling in his grip. The scene was strangely intimate. Held close together in the middle of the
hall, students watching in interest as their professors argued.

The snarl on Hank's lips betrayed the scene for what it truly was. The Beast’s great golden eyes almost manic with grief as they stared into Bobby's frightened orbs. Tears shone unshed as Hank's grip tightened once more. Around them students winced as Bobby's hands creaked audibly, precariously tipping towards breaking.

"You said you loved me," his words were little more than a grieved sigh.

A tear slid, finally, down Bobby's pale cheek as Hank released him. The words he wanted to say almost too painful to form, "Love you, Hank. Not loved. I do love you. I never stopped."

The wood reverberated up and down the hallway, students scattering in all direction, as the fur-less figure slammed against the wall. He slid to the floor, pain wracking his body. He stared, in silent acceptance of this fate, as Hank advanced on him once more. The giant leonine loomed over him; the snarl frothing from blue lips dominated Bobby's senses.

"If you love me, Robert," the words were a curt hiss, "then why did you do this to me? Why did you choose Jean-Paul's love over mine?"

"At least with him I know where I stand, Henry! Even if all I am to him is mindless sex I know it! For the love of the gods! I never knew what I was to you! You looked at me like I was prey; you teased me like I was a fling! You told Scott you weren't gay simply because you didn't want to ruin your precious reputation by being known as the mate of the team jackass," Bobby's scream erupted, pouring from him like some caged thing held too long. His emotions tumbled out in great, gasping sobs as he clutched at Hank's fur. Their macabre embrace the only thing keeping them both from falling apart, "God, Goddess, whatever deity will listen! Hank, if you love me, please do not do this to me."

The pitiful whimpering touched upon the feral's inner humanity, bringing it once more to the surface. Tigerish eyes blazed with self loathing as he fully realized what he had just done. Bobby lay before him, beaten by his own traitorous paws, yet holding onto him like he was the only thing that mattered in this world. Bobby, Bobby who was beaten, Bobby who was emotionally scarred, Bobby still loved him anyway.

A hand gently rose to trace the outline of Hank's jaw, to soothe the Beast. Silently forgiving his ex-lover, forgiving the man he still loved. Smiling softly as Hank's eyes placidly closed at his ministrations. A purr rumbled somewhere from deep within his chest. He nuzzled closer, pressing the over sized mouth and deadly teeth there in against the other man’s neck in a sign of affection and forgiveness. If Jean Paul could make Robert happy then Henry would force himself to be happy for them. And, maybe, if he could bide his time perhaps his beloved would forgive this hormonal outburst and allow him a second chance. This was the Beast and Iceman no one had ever been allowed to see. It was the intimacy that they kept to themselves for fear that others would misinterpret it.

The sound of unsheathing claws didn’t register to either of them, not even aware the other teachers had finally arrived, until nine inches of adamantium pierced through blue fur and flesh. An over zealous Wolverine would later explain that he had been trying to collapse a lung, something debilitating but normally not fatal. A whimper of a growl all he was able to manage as his heart was shredded by their team mate. Eyes already clouding over with the sleep of death caught Bobby's one last time.

"Forgive me," blood pooled from the corners of his lips, his words almost too low to hear, "If you love me."

XxXxXxXxXx

*raises a hand in placation* The way it was going it was either death or rape, and at the time I really couldn’t see Hank as the rape type. If I ever finish that damned Persephone I may change my tune on the issue.

-Chi