Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
401
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,216

Comment fic response - Flowers

Summary:

Prompt from comment fic - from merry_gentry  - The Sentinel, Jim/Blair, flowers

Work Text:


Comment fic response - Flowers
by hawk

 

"Ah choo!"

Blair sighed. "Dial it down, man -- at least until we can find what's setting you off." '...this time', he added silently.

Jim grimaced and nodded, closing his eyes briefly before screwing up his face and sneezing explosively again.

"Just a minute..." Blair searched the loft frantically. There must be *something* that was making Jim sneeze.

"Fl-flowers, Chief," Jim managed just before sneezing once again.

Blair sighed. "There aren't any flowers in here, Jim. And since when are you allergic to flowers?" They'd been living together for four years -- and that meant four Springs. Four Springs during which his Sentinel hadn't sneezed uncontrollably. He couldn't be allergic to some flower that was blooming -- could he?

"N-not here," Jim said, sneezing after for emphasis.

Blair pinched the bridge of his nose. "What do you mean 'not here'?"

Jim gestured toward the floor as he sneezed again and Blair frowned. What the hell? He looked at the floor. Nope, it hadn't started sprouting flowers while he wasn't looking.

Jim sneezed again. "Mrs. L--"

Blair nodded and headed out of the loft, the door closing on yet another sneeze. He trotted down the stairs and knocked on the door to the apartment directly below theirs, wondering what the hell he was going to say to Mrs. Lindsey. 'Hi, your flowers are making Jim sneeze' just didn't sound sane --especially since he was one floor up.

As the door opened Blair pasted a grin on his face. "Mrs. Liindsey," he greeted warmly.

The elderly woman smiled. "Blair, what a pleasant surprise. Come in."

Blair allowed Mrs. Lindsey to usher him inside, stepping aside as she shut the door and led the way into the living room. "Mrs. L!" he exclaimed as he looked around. "What--?"

Mrs. Lindsey smiled widely. "The flowers, Blair? Aren't they something?" She sneezed daintily, pulling a tissue from her pocket and wiping at her nose. "Would you like them? You see -- I'm very allergic. My nephew gave them to me and I just couldn't say no."

Blair smiled. "I'd love to take them off your hands, Mrs. Lindsey," he said easily, his mind already wandering to just where he could ditch the offending plants.

"That's good, dear. But, Blair, did you stop by for something?"

Blair grinned. "Just to see how you were doing," he lied.

end