Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
349
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,370

Midsummer Dreams

Summary:

Hercules realizes he's missed out on something special

Work Text:

Midsummer dreams
by PEJA

 

Hercules paused, his eyes drawn to the man dancing with the other celebrating men and woman...mainly women. His body, stripped to a simple loin cloth, glistened in the sun from his unending efforts to match the supple dancers who moved in sync with him. His laughter was like a song, rising and falling among the sweet voiced giggles and outright barks of delight as the dancers swayed and twisted, never loosing their hold on the colored ribbons that looped down from the tall, cypress maypole.

A sudden surge of desire swept over Hercules as their eyes met, caressed, then Iolaus' gaze moved on and he broke from the dancers, his body moving in a sensuous glide in Hercules' direction. He could almost believe the other man was swaying toward him, Almost...Until he slinked past and fell into the open arms of the man who professed his undying love to Iolaus.

Hercules' blue eyes narrowed and for a brief moment he understood what drove his half brother Ares to the madness of war. That man could have been, should have been him. And watching Iolaus with his beloved, Hercules could cheerfully have throttled the wiley thief, Autolycus. the rage rose up, threatening to choke him when Autolycus drew Iolaus tighter into his embrace and his lips claimed lips that Hercules wanted for himself.

Lips at drove him to distraction.

Lips he could never taste.

He'd had his chance and like any fool, had turned his back on that chance.

Hercules had no chioce now. He swallow the dreams of that might have been if he hadn't been so afraid. If he hadn't refused Iolaus when he had approached him so many months ago.

His life would have been so different if he had been the one to see the gem in the sturdy little body, but he'd been afraid and what might have been moved on, leaving him behind.

But like every midsummer dream, he'd had the chance to accept what might have been. No more, though. The chance was gone, never to return.

END