Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
203
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,244

Float

Summary:

Summary: It all comes down to the greatest escape.

Work Text:

Floating
by Lopaka Tanu

 

Floating up there, it was peaceful.

There were no wars. There were no polls. There were no exploding brothers.

Life was over, sure, but he could finally be at peace. No one was relying upon him to make the world a better place. His family would probably be worried, they would definitely mourn his passing.

But he could live with the results.

Or, perhaps not.

Snickering inside his own head, Nathan watched the world as it faded behind him. Just a short while to go now, then he would drift free. At the rate of climbing, he estimated another five minutes. He'd probably dead long before then, but those were the kicks.

In his arms, Peter clutched at him, desperate to keep them together, even in the face of their certain doom. He knew the feeling. Just the warmth of his brother's skin against his kept his heart beating. Both literally and metaphysically.

Closing his eyes, Nathan gave himself over. Death would finally bring an end to it all.

They would finally be at peace. Both of them. Together.

A sudden burst of heat along his skin and he knew they wouldn't make it to the sweet embrace of space. Oh well.

Better luck next time.

 

THE END.........................