Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
404
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,141

comment fic response - temperature

Summary:

Prompt: from the comment fic comm - request by badfalcon -  NCIS, Abby/Di Nozzo, temperature

Work Text:

comment fic response - temperature
by hawk

 

"Abby? Abby, talk to me." Tony could feel her shaking in his arms. He could feel the heat from each breath tickle against the exposed skin of his neck.

"C-c-cold," she stammered softly, pressing into his warmth.

Tony rubbed his hands up and down Abby's back, under the suit jacket he'd wrapped around her shivering body just a few minutes before. He could feel the cold seep into his skin, leaching his body heat.

Tony had gone to the lab looking for Abby when the team had realized that her stalker had somehow infiltrated the building, getting past the security with faked credentials. He was now roaming the halls, probably minutes away from being apprehended -- or maybe even already in custody.

Tony had known in an instant that Abby wasn't in the lab. The silence hit him harder than the usually-blaring music did and he'd had to hold onto the benchtop for support for just a moment as his imagination went into overdrive. When he'd opened his eyes, he saw reagents sitting on the counter along with a pipette and he'd known. Yeah, he'd probably spent too much time in the lab to know that Abby had gone for more supplies but he couldn't help himself.

That was neither here nor there. He knew he had to find her before James. Good thing he'd helped schlep reagents before and he knew where the most likely storage room was.

And that was how they'd come to be locked in the walk-in freezer. He'd just been looking for her, trying to keep her safe. He didn't know that the latch on the door was broken and, when he'd stepped inside, he had brushed against the mop that was propped against the door. A little brush of wool was all it had taken and the mop had slid slowly to the side. The soft crack of the wood hitting the floor made Abby look up and Tony saw her eyes widen.

"No!" She lunged for the door but it was too late.

He'd heard the latch engage and shrugged, not worried until Abby turned to face him again.

"Lock's broke, Tony. We're stuck!"

Yeah, he'd tried the handle -- he was a guy! And Abby was right. They were stuck.

"Gibbs'll find us, Abs," he said against her hair. "Hang on."

end