Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
289
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,523

comment fic response - subtext

Summary:

Prompt: from the comment fic comm - request by merry_gentry -  NCIS, Gibbs/Tony, subtext

Work Text:

comment fic response - subtext
by hawk

 

"Yeah, subtext," Tony said around a mouthful of popcorn, his tongue darting out to lick at the dab of butter at the corner of his mouth. "You know; like when the guy's with the girl but there's this whole unspoken 'thing' with the guy and the guy's best friend?" Tony pointed a butter-and-salt-covered finger at the TV screen and Jethro found his mouth watering at the sight. "See? Right there," Tony said triumphantly. "Mikey may have his arm around Julie, but his eyes are on Kyle."

Jethro nodded dumbly. He'd lost track of the movie after the first ten minutes, when Tony had gone to the kitchen to make popcorn and had come back with a bowl of steaming nuggets, the rich aroma tickling his nose. And then Tony had proceeded to east said popcorn and all of Jethro's blood had seemingly pooled in his groin leaving him unable to follow anything on the screen. Instead he'd watched as Tony's hand had dipped into the bowl, coming up with a fistful of corn which Tony had proceeded to eat, piece by piece, sometimes tossing one into the air, sometimes plucking one daintily from the mass in his hand with his teeth. And Jethro could only stare.

Tony's tongue poked out again, licking the sheen of butter from his lips and then sucking on each of his fingers. Jethro bit back a groan.

"You get it, Boss? The subtext, I mean?" Tony turned sparkling eyes to Jethro and a smile curved his lips.

Jethro growled. "Yeah, Tony, I get the subtext." He smiled. "You missed a spot of butter," he said as he leaned forward and licked it off.

end