Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,095
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,054

Presents Are Nice

Summary:

Oz visits Xander in his dorm room, and finds a small figure.... Don't ask, I wrote it at 3am when Dine sent me a mini Oz as a present back.

Work Text:



Presents are Nice
by Voracity
voracity@hot-shot.com

Oz knocked on his friend's door, walking into his room.  "Hey."  He watched him hide something very quickly and his innate curiosity took over, making him walk over and take it from under the mattress.  "Uh-huh," he said, handing it back.  "You collect action figures?"

Xander nodded. "Yup."  He put it back in it's usual spot over top of the computer he had bought from the school.  "It's from that movie we saw."  He watched his friend sit down beside him on the bed, both of them going back to looking at the figure.  "Want something?"

"Wondering if you have something to do tonight."  Oz turned to look at the younger man.  "This being your first semester and all, and I know you're usually bored now that the girls ran off together."

"Sure, not a thing to do."  He noticed the magazine on the bed, tossing his pillow over it. "What did you want to do tonight?  Party?  Play?  Wander around like this was high school?"

"Don't know."  Oz turned to look at him, seeing the nervousness. "How about talk?"  The younger man nodded.  "So, how's your semester going?"

"Not too bad, little tough in the boring stuff."  He leaned back on his bed, absently pulling his shirt down over his abdomen. "How's your first one back?  Any big developments?"   The slightly older man shook his head.  "So, what did you really want to talk about?" he asked after a minute of silence.  "Women?  Ours in particular?"

"Well, Buffy and Willow's running off together was kinda strange. Did they give
you a clue?"  The younger man shook his head.  "Huh."  He looked up at the
figure again.  "Why are his clothes
worn out?  Was he that used?"

"Nope," Xander confessed quietly, "I just rub him to think."  He flinched as his friend got up to grab the figure.  "What're you doing?"

"Just wanting to look."  He looked over the six inch figure, turning it around to look at the tiny thing, noting it's likeness to him.  "Um..."

"I know, I got it after the first movie came out.  It comforted me while you were gone."  He took the figure, sitting up to put it back up above his computer.  "I can think when I look at it, it's calming."

"Ah."  Oz turned to look him.  "So..."

"So?"

"What should we do tonight?"

"Not a clue.  I don't have anything planned and no good movies on tonight.  What did you want to do?"

"Not a clue."  He grabbed the figure again, looking at the bare spots.  "Um, you rub it when you think?"

"Yeah, I'm a tactile guy, I like to rub things. It makes me feel better."  He sighed, flopping back down.  "Oz, yeah, it looks like you and you make me calm.  And rubbing the image of you while I think over problems for class or in life helps me think." He covered his eyes with a hand. "Why?"

"Because that freaks me badly."  He leaned back next to his friend, looking at his stiff and uptight form.  "I'm not mad, just curious.  I didn't know you thought of me that way."  Xander nodded.  "Huh.  Since when?"

"Since you forgave me for doing..."  His mouth was covered.  "Oz!"

"Sorry," he said, removing his hand.  "Just didn't want to think about them.  Her running off with her freaked me bad.  Even worse than this."  His friend looked up at him, his eyes showing the pain.  "Yeah, I know, we both loved them."  Xander shook his head.  "Yeah, we did."  He brushed his hand over the shiny forehead.  "You loved them just as much as I did."

"No, I figured out a long time ago that it was lust.  Even back then, after *that* time, I realized it wasn't love, it was hormones."  His friend nodded.  "I was hurt that they only left me a note, but I guess you were hurt a lot more."

"No, not really.  I figured out a few months ago that we were really friends.  Will and I weren't meant to be together, not like we started out as.  She's great, but I need something else, someone to cling to when things get hard.  I need someone who only wants me, not wanting to go do other things to pull them away from me."  He shifted a little closer to the younger man.  "I just need someone who's interested in what I do."  He looked at his friend.  "She wanted her magic and her women much more than me.  We became friends that sleep beside each other."

"I can see that." Xander flipped onto his side, accidentally running into his lips.  "Um, sorry."  He pulled back, looking down at the bedspread with the wolf howling at the full moon on it.  "Um, really sorry."

"Hey, no big."  Oz pulled his head up, looking at the bedspread also.  His face suddenly got very relaxed and more like he had looked when things were simpler.  "You wanted to rub me when you thought?"

"Yeah," he admitted quietly.  "You're just calming for me."  He looked up into the penetrating green eyes.  "I'm sorry if I screwed up what we were going back to."

"Nope, you're about to make it better."  He leaned in for another kiss.  "Much better," he whispered.  He pulled back, seeing the small smile.  "When were you going to tell me?"

"Which? That I liked you lots or that I was rubbing the figure that looked like you when I thought about you?"  He looked at the little figure that had started this all.  "He is kinda bare, isn't he?"  He looked at his friend again.  "You don't mind?"

"Well, I'll mind if you keep rubbing him when I'm here but otherwise no."  He leaned in for another kiss.  "Don't mind at all as long as you don't pick up a life's hobby that will call you from my side."

"Me?" he asked innocently.  He blinked his big brown eyes.  "I'm not even sure what I'm majoring in.  Actually," Xander said, sitting up, "I need someone more steady around me."  He looked around his room.  "I need someone to focus me when I'm concentrating on something else. Things like playing instead of working, or things like eep..."  He grinned at his friend who had just pinched his stomach.  "Did you want something?"
 
"Just to make you concentrate on me.  Your room's fine, your bed's fine. Even if I don't quite look like that."

"Nope, you're much fuzzier and much more upright."  Xander stole a kiss, pulling himself up and tossing the porn magazine onto the floor.  "So, how much of this stuff do you know?"

"Much more than you think."  Oz pulled the younger man back down, kissing him hard. "I'm not a blushing virgin here."

"Very good thoughts but neither am I."  Xander grinned at his shock. "What? You're the only one that can go out and play around?  Remember, you're not the only one that ran away to find himself."  He sat up, pulling them up against his pillows.  "So, should we talk or what?"

"Well, that might be a good idea. I don't even know what you like."

"I'm flexible."  He saw the small eye roll so decided to add to it.  "And I'm looking at the yoga class next semester to make me more so."

"So bad," Oz whispered with the hint of a smile.  He pulled firm body down under him, looking down into the deep eyes.  "No magic?"

"Hate the stuff unless it's saving my life," the younger man promised.  "No long disappearances without telling me?"

"Not unless you're coming with me."

"Now *there's* a good idea," Xander said, thrusting up against his friend's stomach.  "I can get used to that idea."  He rolled them over, looking down at the older man.  "Does this mean we're dating?"

"Yup, you like going out to do things, right?"

"Sure, just so long as I don't have to sit through *every* practice with the band.  I'll need some time to go to class and do laundry and things."  He wiggled his eyebrows, finding himself on his back again on the narrow bed.  "It's a good thing we live in the same house, Oz.  Think of the gas bills if we had to commute."  That got another hinted at smile.  "Gee, twice in one night.  I should do a snoopy dance."  His friend shook his head, getting up to answer the door.  "Oh, Giles!" Xander said, bouncing up to pull him into his room.  "What's up?"

"Just wondering if you had something to do tonight."  He caught the look the younger men gave each other.  "Oh, dear, I'm sorry I interrupted."

"Didn't," Oz said, keeping him from leaving.  Xander grinned, towing the much older man over to the bed and pushing him down.  "Needed to talk to you anyway." He  put a possessive hand on the younger man's rear.  "Are you going to be okay with us?"

"Why wouldn't he be?" Xander asked, his brow wrinkling up.  "We'll be good and not get stuff on his couch."  He saw the eye roll and sighed.  "Oz, he went to an all *boys* prep school.  I'm sure he's seen his share of guys that make out." He turned back to see the small, secret smile. "See, he has. Was probably one at sometime in his life too."

"Indeed I was," Giles told them quietly, "but those days are long past."

"Nope," Oz said, pushing him back down.  "We're not adding anyone else into our relationship but I'd like to make you a casual thing."  Xander nodded frantically so he put a hand on his head, the top one, slowing it down.  "See, we agree, this is good boredom cures."

Giles sighed, sitting back up. "Boys, I couldn't interfere with what you're building."

"Shut up," Xander said, pouting.  "We want you, you're cute and lonely, and I wanted to crawl into your body since high school." He sat down in the older man's lap.  "See, it's a good fit.
You're comfy."

Oz shook his head, pushing them both back.  "Shh."  He climbed over them, kissing each of the men in turn.  "You know, we could give him what you have," he told the younger man, whispering it in his ear.  Xander turned to smile at him.  "Might help him some."

"Could," Xander admitted.  "I actually got a few others, one of which looks a lot like me.  It was a big set."  He slid out from under Oz's arms, heading for his desk and pulling out a drawer.  He came back with a bubble wrapped figure and the one Oz had caught him with earlier, handing them to Giles.  "Here, this way you can rub us when you need to."  He lay back across the width of his bed, watching Giles look over the action figures.  "Pretty good, huh?"

"Yes, a very good likeness.  What are these from?"

"Um, the little Oz-like guy is from a movie. That one you said was totally inaccurate."  That got a small smile and a nod.  "And the little me-like guy is from some show or something like that. They used to live together in my desk but I needed to rub the Oz one so I could think."

"I calm him down," Oz told the older man.  He stole a kiss from Xander.  "How many others do you have?"

"Um, another Oz figure, I got one from the same show the little me was from."  He smiled slightly, wiggling closer to his boyfriend.  "So," he said quietly before stealing a kiss.  "I think you were making plans for tonight?"

"We were, weren't we," Oz asked, pulling Xander in for another kiss.  "Playing or fun?"

"Fun," Xander suggested.

Giles smiled at them.  "It appears I'm along for the ride so whatever you both feel comfortable with."

"Showing you how to rub your prezzies," Xander said, holding up his Oz-like figure to rub his thumb over the crotch of it.  "See, just like that."

Oz looked at it and did the same on Xander's body.  "Can see why," he said at the giggle and squirming body.  "Prezzies are cool," he told Giles.

"Indeed and I'll put them somewhere that I can look on them daily."  He leaned in for a kiss to each of his men.  "Shall we?"

"Yup," Xander said, nodding.  He stood up, getting all of the action figures off the bed to look down at them as they had fun.

 

Done.  I promise.