Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
627
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,235

Always You

Summary:

This came out of one of my very weird moments when I was wondering about Ares.  The story contains a very brief Xena/Ares moment but it is pivotal to the plot, so don't kill me.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Always You.
By Femvamp

"It was always you Ares.  It was always you."

Ares stood a few steps away from Xena when she said the words he had given up his immortality to hear.  Ares took a step forward and took the beautiful warrior princess into his arms and kissed her.  The kiss was passionate.  The kiss held a lifetime of longing and his lifetime was forever.

Xena looked up at him with love in her eyes and smiled.  She removed his clothing as he removed hers.  They had both been waiting a long time for this.

***************************

Ares woke up.  It was just a dream.   His heart sank when he realized that he was dreaming.  Was this what it was like to be mortal?  Was this what he had given up everything for?  If it was then mortality was highly overrated.

After a few moments he realized he was alone.  The campfire next to him was still burning but no one was around.  Mortals usually slept during these hours so he knew something must be up.  It would be like Xena to keep him out of a fight.

Ares grabbed his sword and went looking for Xena.  As he walked he heard people talking.  It took him a moment to realize who they were.

"I'm not going to let death take one of us again without telling you how I feel Xena."

"Gabrielle."

"No, Xena."  Gabrielle paused, "We've both been dancing around this for too long.  And you know what.  I'm tired of it."

"I am too."  Xena smiled at Gabriel.

"I love you Xena.  I have always loved you.  I knew from the first moment I saw you that I'd follow you anywhere."  Gabrielle stated, "To death and back."

"Twice."  Xena smiled.

"Twice.  So now I want to know.  If you feel the same way about me."

"Would I follow you anywhere?"

"Yes."

Xena paused for a moment, "Yes, I would.  From the first moment I saw you I knew, you were the one.  It was always you Gabrielle.  It was always you."

With that Xena took Gabrielle into her arms and they kissed.  First tentivly and then with the passion of two people who had spent a lifetime caring about each other.  A lifetime loving each other.

*******************************************************

Ares ran through the forest like something was chasing him.  In a way something was.  But the truth is a hard thing to escape and eventually the now mortal Ares ran out of steam and fell to the ground.  As he got back up to his feet he saw a light that turned into a man.

"Ares."  The man of light said.

"Who in Hades are you?"  Ares asked angrily.

"My name is Michael."

"Well now that we got that settled.  What do you want?"

"You are an angry one, aren't you.  Then that might be a good thing, when you're the God of War?"

"Not anymore."  Ares said sadly, "But I think I can still whip your butt."

Michael smiled, "It was always you Ares.  You know that don't you?"

"Why do I keep hearing those words?"  Ares said angrily.  "What was always me?"

"You were the one who would bring down Mt. Olympus."

"Xena did that."  Ares said matter-of-factly.

"No, Xena could kill the Gods with the help of her daughter, but only a God could destroy Mt. Olympus itself.  Only a God who could love a mortal enough to sacrifice his own immortality could bring an end to the reign of the Gods of Greece.  Ironic that it was accomplished by the God of War."

With that Michael faded into nothing.  As he left Ares could have sworn he heard the wind whispering to him.

"It was always you Ares.  It was always you."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Femvamp.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.