Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
347
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
809

Scorched

Summary:

Notes: This is just a little thing I wrote with the prompt of Carsons Mum and a Cat.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Scorched
by mckay_ocd

 

Zelenka growled while sitting on one of the exam beds. “Ever since he come back from mission”

“Rodney? What’s up with him now?” Beckett smiled at the irate scientist. Radek had entered the infirmary muttering Czech and clutching his left arm.

“The last mission to P4XC95” Radek winced as Beckett removed part of the sleeve from the wound.

“The one with all the cat like things?” Beckett asked.

“Yes” Radek nodded “Ever since then it has been very unpleasant to work with him. He mopes and is cranky”

“More than usual?”

“Yes yes!” Radek grumbled “He misses his cat”

“I thought he was a little out of spirits. I suppose we all leave things behind” Beckett sighed turning slightly for the gauze.

“You?” Radek pushed up his glasses with a finger “Did you have a cat?”

“Oh heavens no” Beckett chuckled “My mother did. Cheeky little thing it was too”

“You miss your mother’s cat?” Radek asked quizzically.

“No laddie. I miss my mother. Softest kindest soul you’ll ever see” Beckett said remembering. He could almost picture her, with a nice hearty meal all prepared. “Finest cook in the Highlands” He added in a murmur.

“Ah yes. This I miss my sister” Radek smiled. “But not her son. My nephew. He is sticky”

Carson laughed caught unaware “Sticky, aye lad. How old would he be?”

“Small child” Radek’s face pulled into a frown.

“There” Beckett smiled at Radek’s newly bandaged arm “Be sure to come back in for me to check up on it and” He added with humor “Try not to get scorched again too quickly”

“Thank you Dr Beckett” Radek said hopping down from the bed and headed for the door.

“Perhaps” Zelenka said just inside the doorway “What we leave behind and sacrifice is a small price for what we find here?”

Beckett stood looking out the door for a while after Radek’s parting statement. Somehow he was sure the scientist wasn’t talking about technological discoveries. With a smile Carson went about his duty humming 's Muladach Mi's Air M'aineoil.

~fin~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author mckay_ocd.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.