Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
237
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
916

There´s more than the emptiness

Summary:

I always loved Dragons (you NEED to look at Ciruelo´s draws, NOW) and there are many books about riding them, like McCaffrey´s or my new love, Novik´s. So why couldn´t I write my own stories? I´m not saying mine will be like those, I love myself a lot but I´m not that blind yet.

Work Text:

There´s more than the emptiness
by Spix

I hated all those unchangeable laws ruling my life. Since I was born they told me where I needed to go, when I should be leaving, what I needed to know and nothing more. The worst was learning who I needed to be. I was born to become a Lady, a courtesan... a beautiful white painted face among others just to be enjoyed by one powerful man.

It was like death, but sadly she kept forgetting me.

Everything inside me knew all those empty conversations, all the empty words, all the desperation-filled hearts couldn´t be my endless fate. But I was losing all hope, I was wishing my life away. Then Fate changed, maybe because my hidden tears, maybe because I wasn´t the only praying for something to set me free.

I was idly walking in my Master´s gardens. It was the last night of the year and I was waiting for the new year to arrive when I met her. She was all silver and obsidian beauty. I saw the stars in the deepest darkness of her eyes surrounded by the purest snow. And without thinking I named her. I didn´t know if she took it we would be bonded for life. I became her Rider in that night´s eve.

They say my fate was dark because I had to leave the Court. They don´t know how the sky looks from above.

end