Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
374
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,086

His Greatest Weapon

Summary:

Batman considers his greatest weapon on a miserable night.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

His Greatest Weapon
by Pirate Turner

 

        He shivered inside his secret hiding place in the mouth of a large gargoyle statue. His keen eyes watched the dark streets of Gotham even as his nose ran. It was a miserable night, complete with a fantastic lightning display; enormous, bone-rattling thunder; and chilling, sleeting rain, hail, and even snow. It was the kind of night that neither man nor mouse deserved to be out on, and yet here he was and here he would be unless he got a call.

        His mind flicked back to Alfred's pleading that he stay home this night. He had been sorely tempted to stay, but as he had told his love and had been reminding himself constantly ever since, criminals didn't stay home just because the weather was miserable. This was just the kind of weather that some sick and twisted mind would expect no one to be paying attention during and, therefore, make his move. Bruce sighed as his eyes ran water behind his cowl. He wished he could have stayed home, but that was never an option, not on the best of nights and especially not on the worst.

        He coughed, sneezed, and used yet another kleenex. He had enough used kleenex stuffed away in his Batbelt that he was going to soon have to make another trip to the local gas station just to dispense of it. He would never just drop it out of the sky for not only would it give away his location but he could not, would not, diminish what little beauty Gotham had left.

        He shivered again and withdrew further into himself and the mouth. He could see out plainly through his specialized goggles, but they could not see him. He silently thanked Alfred yet again for equipping him with his best weapon of the night that he currently hugged to his chest. Without it, he would have been doomed. He uncapped the thermos, poured himself another cup, and sipped it slowly, sighing in relief as Alfred's chicken soup coiled its way around him and warmed him all the way through to his cockles.

        He sighed as he recapped the thermos. He couldn't wait to get back home to him!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.