Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2009-03-03
Words:
5,493
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
28
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
3,680

Exact Change

Summary:

Blair has a run in with some out of the loop cops

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

warnings: Its unbetaed. Bit-o-violence at some point.
Rating: let's say PG for this part. Some might be NC 17, but I'll let you know <g>
Notes: For the record, I think that police officers are great people who do an invaluable service for the community. And I firmly believe that they do not recieve enough credit, value, appreciation for a job that I for one would never want to have to do. However, as in any job...bad people do get positions of authority. This is a story about two such persons <g> They are in no way representative about how I feel about cops in general. (I just had to say that, don't ask my why...I really don't know <g>) Okay, now remember, the more feedback, the more Pierre feels like writing <g>

Chapter Text

************
Exact Change
By Kira
************

"Hey Blair, you ready to go home?" Pete Summers shouted in Blair's ear over the pounding rhythm of the bass. Downing the rest of his coke, Blair nodded.

"Go round up the gang...I'll get out coats." The blond haired young man passed the coat checks over to Blair and went in search of their friends. The evening was a celebration of Peter's completion of his comprehensive exams. Blair offered to be the designated driver and they had gone to a local club downtown to party. The night was winding down though and it was time to go.

Blair collected the coats and waited by the door for his friends. Paul, with four other cohorts in tow, sashayed to the door. Julie Forsythe, a lanky brunette with a killer smile, and an equally killer slinky dress that hugged all the right curves, clung to Peters arm. Both were pretty buzzed, giggling and very very happy. Mike Dawson, the rugby player come anthropology student, and his date, Mary Gracie, were three sheets to the wind and were being guided by the slightly less drunk Frank Pierce.

Blair handed out coats amidst much laughing teasing and general confusion. While it was fun to be one of the partyers, sometimes it was more fun to simply watch the inebriated students make fools of themselves. Blair grinned as Mike slobbered a kiss, meant for Mary's ear, on her forehead, being an observer definitely had its high points at times.

They walked to the parking lot and after securing his friends within the Volvo, Blair buckled his seatbelt and turned the key. Nothing.

"Whas a matta Blair?" Frank drawled, leaning over into the front seat.  Blair laughed as he reached for his cell phone.

"Looks like we're cabbing it home. The car's dead." He dialed the cab number he remembered seeing in the bar. "Hi, could I get a cab at the parking lot of the LavaPit please?...Yup, for Blair Sandburg....thanks."

Blair shut off the phone, and glanced in the rear view mirror at his friends who were mostly leaning on one another, falling asleep. He looked beside him at Pete and grinned.

"Have fun tonight?"

"Oh yeah. It was a blast, Blair. Thanks for setting this up. To bad Jim couldn't come."

"Yeah, well you know how he is. He's not quite comfortable with hanging around you guys yet."

"How long have you two been together."

"Eight months." Blair really didn't want to see the stupid grin that he knew was spread over his face. Its was that bloody infatuated look that he had absolutely no control over, and that his friends joked about whenever Jim's name was mentioned.

"Boy, you do have it bad."

Blair grinned at his friend.

"Oh yeah." Headlights from an approaching car hailed the arrival of the taxi. Blair did a quick head count

"Oh man, Pete, we're not going to all fit. How about you guys take the cab, just get the cash out of my wallet. Make sure that everyone gets home okay. I'll call Jim and get him to pick me up." Blair tossed his wallet over to his friend, to lazy to pulled them out himself.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, the stakeout was supposed to be over by ten, and its going on...what... twelve now? Shouldn't be a problem."

Blair helped Pete get the near comatose grad students into the cab.  Blair quickly jotted down the addressed on a scrap piece of paper and handed it to the driver.

"See ya tomorrow Pete. Bye guys!"

Blair waved at the car as it pulled out of the parking lot and went back to the Volvo to get the phone. After trying unsuccessfully to reach Jim at the loft, Blair figured he was still at the stake out. Resigned to taking a cab, he swore softly to himself. as he realized that Pete, in his slightly tipsy state had taken his wallet and the remaining cash that he had. Digging through his pockets he managed to find a handful of change. *Great. Looks like I'm bussing it.*

The night air was chilly as he walked to the nearest bus stop, a slight breeze nipping through the light cotton shirt that he had worn in deference to the heat of the club. The cold leeched the heat from his legs through the black jeans. Jim had frowned when Blair had come downstairs in his outfit. Blair had to admit that it was part of his plan. Get Jim rile up enough and the that lovely jealous streak would have him imagining the most lurid scenes at the bar. Which inevitably meant that he'd be in for a most *interesting* homecoming. And wearing his 'butt jeans' as he put it was all part of the plan. While modestly normally was a very important thing for the young observer, he would be the first to admit that his ass looked mighty fine in these jeans. And given Jim's reaction as he had sashayed out the door earlier this evening, he was perfectly justified.

He shivered as he stood at the lamp post sporing the bus stop sign.  *When is the bus going to come anyhow. Geez its cold.* Blair spotted a twenty four hour 7-11. *I wonder if I time to grab a coffee.* Looking around he saw a man approaching and figured he ask for the time.

********

Officer David Collins slowly drove the unmarked police vehicle down the main drag. His partner unwrapped a hamburger and chomped into it with great gusto.

"You know, Marshall's been coming down on the department really hard lately. What's up with that?" Michael Smith, Collins' partner asked around a mouthful.

"Aw he's just worried about us not getting our quotas. You know, like in traffic? So many tickets a month? Well Marshall's got this crazy idea that if we get so many hookers a night we're showing the guys upstairs that Vice is doing its job." Smith broke off as he peered out the window. "And speak of the devil. Looks like we got a bit of action."

Collins followed the direction of his partner's gaze. A young man stood on the curb, approaching a man walking by. The young man's shoulders slumped dejectedly as the older man shook his head and moved on.
"Break out the tally sheet, Mike. I do believe that we can meet our quota tonight."

*******

Blair sighed as the man walked away. Just his luck that the only person he would meet wouldn't have a watch. Rocking back and forth on his heels, he was startled as a bright light suddenly shone in his face. He squinted against the glare and managed to make out the outline of a police cruiser and two burly officers getting out of the car.

"Up against the wall," a voice commanded. Blair held up a hand to block out some of the light.

"Excuse me?" He looked behind him, almost expecting someone else to be there. When he looked back , the two men had moved closer.

"Assume the position. Now." Blair could tell who was speaking now, a hulk of a man with closely cropped hair and a mustache. He held his hands out placatingly.

"I think that there's --- mmmnph!" His protest was cut short as large hands pulled him around and shoved him face first against the brick wall of the building behind them. Unprepared for the move, Blair barely got his hands in front of him, and failed to protect his face. Pain blossomed as his lip split as a result of the impact.

"No ID," The cop said, easily holding the smaller man in place as he frisked him. "So pretty boy, though you could get away with trolling for customers right in front of us, huh?" He gave a Blair a shake, even as Blair began to shake his head.

"Look, I think that there's been a huge mistake --" Blair fell silent as a night stick struck him in the small of his back, right in his kidneys. The blow took his breath away and left him gasping -- not to mention wanting to curl up in a painful ball. But he couldn't so much as lean forward as the strong arms kept him pinned to the wall.

"Listen punk. The only mistake here was the one you made. Now shut up." The older man spat in disgust and gave him another blow, this time along Blair's right side. "Filthy faggot."

Blair's chest clenched painfully and he knew that it had nothing to do with the blows he had receive. *This is not good.*

end part 1

TBC....now just hit the "reply button" and let me know what I should do he Gupster next :)