Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
538
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,290

Special Cops!

Summary:

Someone's being bad.

Work Text:


Special Cops!
by Lopaka Tanu

 

The walls shook, causing dust and bits of plaster to fall from the ceiling. Balls of light appeared floating over a table, chasing each other around the candlesticks. When the couch he was sitting on started to rise up off the floor, the old man made his first sound.

Clutching his chest, he gasped in pain. "What do you want from me?"

While he watched, the saucer he had been eating cookies off of rose in to the air. It began to spin, picking up speed on each rotation. When the color on the rim started to blur, it shot off against the far wall, shattering on impact.

This caused his heart to skip a beat. Clenching his eyes shut, he laid his head against a couch pillow and groaned. "Please, leave me alone."

A loud wail began to fill the room. Just as it was about to reach a crescendo, the front door burst open.

Guns pointed at the walls, Chris and Buck searched the room.

All at once, the lights disappeared. The wail was silenced and the walls settled down.

Finding nothing, Chris reached in to the pocket of his duster. He pulled out a small aerosol bottle. Shaking up the contents, he pressed the tab and tossed it in the center of the living room/dining room.

As the old man watched, eyes wide, a purple mist rose up from the bottle.

Immediately, the mist was drawn over to a large grandfather clock at the far corner of the living room. As it began to swirl around it, the clock shook. Sounding the hour, the cloth's face burst forth. Then it began to shrink.

Training his weapon on the melting clock, Chris slowly walked to it. He smirked when human features emerged from the clock's face. "Ezra."

"Mr. Larabee." Resuming his human form, the clock man pulled back his bronze pendulum and zipped it up in his pants. "To what do I owe this harassment?"

"Extortion's a violation of your parole." Charging the power pack on his weapon, Chris reached in to his pocket. He made sure Buck was covering him before he stepped in close. Pulling out a small container, he popped the lid off. "Back inside, or I start shootin."

Staring at the small crystal vial, Ezra's eyes narrowed. He tried looking to Buck for help. Finding none, he straightened his back. "I suppose if I attempt to flee, you will use lethal force?"

"Exactly." Chris shook the container from side to side. "I'm not a patient man, Ezra."

"Fine! But you can inform Mr. Tanner why I will be unable to attend our nightly poker match." Crossing his arms, he nodded his head once. In an instant, his body burst in to a green mist. The mist floated over to the vial.

When it was completely inside, Chris thumbed the cap closed. He quickly slid the vial back in to his coat. Touching his hat at the old man, he stalked out back the way he had come.

Grinning, Buck holstered his weapon. "Sorry about all this. If it helps, this was nothing but a dream." Wiggling his fingers, he backed out of the house.

Face shaking from side to side, the old man's eyes rolled up inside his head.

 

THE END...................................