Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
375
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,125

Deliverance

Summary:

Luke isn't all that he appears to be.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Deliverance

Somewhere, past the fragile veneer of childhood, there lies something dark and dank, something that wallows in shared blood and basks in the rush of adrenaline that follows. This beast, well... it’s just a figment of his imagination, isn’t it? This beast that comes to the fore and cackles at the misfortune of others... is just in his head. Not real.

It doesn’t exist.

Or so Luke tells himself.

***

First blood; and the rush is undeniable. For a brief moment Luke had connected with something, something that makes him special, and hell... he likes it. He likes the feeling of wholeness that resonates within him when he uses it, and he takes some kind of sadistic pleasure from the expression of fear on his mom’s face. She’s screeching at him, words without meaning, or substance.

Her anger is palpable, but meaningless.

After all, she doesn’t love him, does she? She is nothing more than a worthless whore; his own words reflected back at him.

Slut.

And she wonders why he’d never said a word to her? Huh.

Alone, without restraint and within the privacy of their four walls she is evil; misunderstanding and self-righteous.

When her hand strikes his face though, he loses it.

Stupid bitch never saw it coming.

***

“Does your mother have a car?”

Something in Luke recognises Sylar for what he is... what they both are. For a long time he’d tried to deny this animal in him, attempted to tame it with the mundane focus of everyday life. It had only pushed and pulled at him, its fervour building and building, seeking some way to seep through the cracks of his psyche.

And it had, hadn’t it? Without Luke even knowing, it had influenced every syllable he spoke, every dogged step he took.

All it needed was just one little push. Just a little bit of incentive in the form of a predator with dark eyes and a sultry smile, whose very presence is enough for Luke to want to bare his throat in submission and simultaneously worship the very ground he walks on.

He has blood on his hands, and Luke feels more alive than ever.

“Not anymore.”

Just goes to show that some animals just can’t be caged.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Dmetri.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.