Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
283
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
845

In Love's Arms

Summary:

The death birds are determined to have Josiah.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



In Love's Arms
by Pirate Turner

 

        Mighty cawing sounded, and Josiah looked up, terror written plainly on his aging face. Black feathers filled the sky as they swooped down on him, death shining in their beady eyes. He cried out and then screamed as their beaks ripped at him, tearing away first clothes and then flesh.

        Nathan hurried back to their bed. He ducked Josiah's swinging fists, wrapped his arms tightly around his struggling form, and pulled him close despite his fighting. Holding him was like trying to hold a fighting, fierce wildcat, but Nathan clung to Josiah as though his life depended on it, shouting words meant to calm and soothe.

        Suddenly, the birds parted as one dark hand thrust forward to him through the darkness that surrounded his life. It glowed a warm, golden shade, assuring the preacher that it was okay to trust and love. Josiah grasped Nathan's offered hand, and he pulled him back out of his nightmares.

        The two men lay together, panting hard, for a long time before Josiah tried to explain, "I -- I -- "

        "It's okay," Nathan assured his still shaking love when words failed him. "I understand." He kissed him gently. "They're not going to get you," he spoke, caressing his whiskered face tenderly. "I won't let them, I promise. I love you, Josiah, and we'll stay safe together. Now just try to get some rest, sweetheart." He flashed him a wide grin. "Doctor's orders."

        A comfortable silence fell over the couple as Nathan continued to hold Josiah close in the safe, warm confines of his arms. Ever so gradually, Josiah drifted back to slumber, but this time he slept soundly in love's arms.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.