Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
493
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,089

Aching for Her

Summary:

He ached for her

Work Text:

Aching for Her
by Lucinda

He ached for her.  Where once he'd been an easily distracted man with foolish dreams and foolish hopes, she had changed him.  Remade him. She was his reason for existing now.  He would do anything for her, everything for her...

He'd brought her flowers and poetry at first.  Things that his old life had told him that lovely women wanted, craved, deserved.  She'd giggled at them, leaving the flowers to wither, letting the shriveled leaves and petals litter the floor.  The pages of his pitiful poetic offerings had vanished, never seen again.

Angelus had laughed at him, mocking his efforts.  "Flowers and poetry?  We aren't pitiful mortals anymore, boy.  Our lives are about blood and passion, about need and pleasure and pain.  Flowers..."

He'd tried to adjust, to give her offerings more in line with being a vampire.  Pretty dresses.  Pretty girls wearing the pretty dresses.

Dru'd liked those, carefully taking the dresses off the girls before she and Angelus tortured them to death.  More than once, he knew that she and Angelus had... had been together, using the dying girls or pleasuring each other over the fresh corpse.

Sometimes she even wore the dresses, later.  Or the jewelry that they'd been wearing.  She would look pleased and smug, like a cat with a bowl of fresh cream.

She still didn't look at him the way he wanted her to look.  She would look at him, and be amused, sometimes even generously permitting him to take her out hunting.

Once, she had even taken him into her bed, though only because Angelus had wanted him to know something of how to seduce a woman.

While he'd dreamed and longed for the chance to have her with him, to run his fingers over her bared flesh, he hadn't pictured Angelus in the room with them.  He certainly hadn't planned for the older vampire to be giving orders and directions.

It had still been better than nothing.  He had still touched her, tasted her skin, her lips, just the tiniest nibbles at her neck, with the slightest hint of her blood, full of cool secrets and whispering words that almost made sense...

He'd gone out for a walk, and seen some of the most pitiful, wretched mortals.  Opium addicts, whimpering and pleading to have just a little more of the drug, offering anything, everything...  Just for one more taste of something that was killing them.

That had made things clear to him.  Horribly, painfully clear, in a way that words and despairing questions and tormented longings hadn't.

Dru was his opium.  And he didn't care that she was bad for him, that she would use him up and discard the pitiful, wretched remnants.  That he was nothing more than an amusement to her.  It didn't matter.  He still ached for her, would still do anything for her.

It was then that the last spark of William died.

 

end Aching for Her.