Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
786
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,161

Sounds of Silence

Summary:

TJ needs Luca to help him sleep.

Work Text:

He couldn’t sleep.  He was tired but he just couldn’t fall asleep no matter how hard he tried.  After an hour of tossing and turning, he gave up on sleeping, got dressed and drove to the other side of town. 

Moving silently, he let himself into the apartment with the key kept under the potted cactus.The apartment was dark and quiet, cool now that the sun had set. TJ felt the tenseness that had kept him awake slipping away. He toed off his shoes, walking barefoot to the bedroom. He paused for a moment in the doorway, and then crossed to the bed. 

Luca lay face down on it, the comforter and sheet kicked to the floor. TJ picked up the bedding, pulling the sheet up over the slim hips and folded the comforter to the foot of the bed. He switched on the fan and lay down on the bed, turning on his side to look at Dom. The feeble light from the window painted the sleeping man in sharp shadows.

Restless, TJ reached out, hand stroking the smooth, tanned skin of Luca’s back. Luca shivered lightly under TJ’s touch. It had been a long day for both of them, a long week of long days. Work had been busy, all the calls they’d had in the last five days.  Three high risk warrants, two hostage situations, and protecting a visiting prime minister, not to mention all the forms and other paperwork that came with the job.

TJ reveled in the opportunity to touch him, a need so often denied while they are on duty.  Not completely of course, he does find times when he can brush his fingers lightly across Dom’s back, arm or shoulders during the day. A friendly touch that no one thinks twice about despite the fact that TJ is the only one who touches Dom and that McCabe does not do so with any of the other members of the team.

He’d fallen for Dom the first day he laid eyes on him. Long hair, beard and mustache, fresh off the street from Narcotics duty, TJ had felt the emptiness in his heart suddenly filled. The next day when Dom had turned up clean-shaven and short hair he’d still felt an undeniable attraction to the younger man. He does sometimes wish Dom would let his hair grow out a little more, TJ loves how soft Dom’s hair is, enjoys curling his fingers in the thick, dark mane. His own hair, blond and curly is wiry and would be a tangled mess if he were to let it grow longer.

He traces the curve of Luca’s bicep with his fingertips, caressing lightly across the muscles and down the strong back.  His fingers work at the knot of tense muscles in the center of Dom’s back, working upward until he curls his fingers in Dom’s hair for a moment.  His hand settles lightly on the green and purple bruise just under Dom’s left shoulder.  Faint traces of heat tickle at his palm, the contusion has faded a little from yesterday, still it looks tender and he is careful not to press on the injury. He leans over and gently kisses around the mark.

He knows Luca needs to rest but he cannot quench the need to be close to him.  TJ settles closer to Luca, resting his chin on Luca’s shoulder and inhaling the sent of his hair and skin. He sighs, content and finally relaxes enough to drift off.   

Luca lay on his stomach; the sound of the fan turned on woke him but it was TJ’s restless moments that were keeping him awake.  Luca was exhausted; breathing at this point seemed to be too tiring. Luca shivered at the tickle of TJ’s fingers lightly brushing over his skin. It felt good to have TJ massaging the small of his back, he could almost fall asleep.  Almost.  Dom smiled into the pillow as TJ’s fingers wound into his hair, caressing the back of his neck. TJ seemed to have a fascination with the scent and texture of Dom’s hair, because of that, Dom had let it grow a little, not over department regulations but TJ seemed to like it. He resisted the urge to flinch as TJ’s fingers slid lightly over the heavy bruise on his back. The kisses were a surprise and he did flinch a little, it was not unpleasant, just an odd sensation.  Silently he wished that TJ would just snuggle up and go to sleep so he could sleep too. He didn’t mind the caresses, just TJ rolling around. As if he’d heard Dom’s thoughts, TJ pressed against him, breath whispering across his neck. 

Luca mumbles, half asleep. “Night Teej.”