Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
344
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,010

Layover in Kansas

Summary:

Torchwood investigates a special farmboy.

Work Text:

Layover in Kansas
by Lopaka Tanu

The tall grass swayed around them, stalks bending to caress them. Hair whipping about his head, Ianto watched the screen of his scanner. It was picking up the other members of his team, but little else. Frowning, he raised the device high enough so he could scan the horizon and it at the same time. "I've lost it, Jack."

"Not from where I'm standing." Jack's smirk came natural to him. It grew in size at the glare from his subordinate. "Keep scanning, these things are said to be extremely fast."

"I have not ceased." A little perturbed by the implied suggestion, Ianto started away from the Captain. If he was pissy, he had reason to be. The time was fourteen minutes before three back in Cardiff and he wasn't feeling up to being genial.

Jack sighed. There little side trip was turning in to a full out mission. Twisting, he faced the third member of the team. "Tosh, tell me you've got something."

"Negative. There's nothing here but background life forms and ourselves." Raising her scanner, Tosh let it run a sweep over the tops of the trees. Knowing the alien could fly made their job that much harder. "I think it's long gone, Jack."

"All right. Ianto," Jack glanced over his shoulder to check on the man. He blinked in confusion, finding Ianto gone. "Ianto? Tosh, scan for Ianto! Ianto!"

"Sir!" Calling Jack, Ianto watched as the man spun around. "Up here." Swaying gently in the wind, Ianto was wrapped in several bed sheets, a bow around his neck. "Our extra terrestrial guest says he doesn't wish to be bothered."

"Are you hurt?" He was already moving to the tree. The branches were a little high, but he was certain he climb them.

"I am unharmed, though, my underclothes are chafing terribly. Please hurry." This was the last time he ever came to America. Probably the last time he left the hub, period. He groaned as a particularly strong gust set him to rocking. Definitely the last time.

 

THE END...................................