Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
415
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,081

Talking In His Sleep

Summary:

Jack's talking in his sleep again; only this time, Will is there to comfort him.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Talking In His Sleep
by Pirate Turner

  
He mumbled in his sleep, his deep, rich voice a near whimper. "Come on, gotta do it. Ye can do it, Jackie boy. Ye can do anything. You're Captain Jack Sparrow, after all! Come on, blast ye! Move!"

Will's arms had already been wrapped around his love when his cries in his sleep had stirred him back to consciousness. Now he pulled him even closer and kissed his temple. "It's okay, Jack. I'm here. See?" he told him, knowing fully well that he was trying yet again to drag the Pearl back to the ocean all by himself. "I've got a rope on her too, and see? Here comes Gibbs and the rest of the crew. We'll get her back together."
 
Jack's murmurings had ceased, but his mouth and face continued to twitch in worry and dismay. Will rained gentle kisses over his sleeping face as he continued to reassure him in a soft voice, "It's okay. You don't have to do this by yourself. You don't have to do anything by yourself any more that you don't want to. You're not alone, and you're never going to be alone again. I'm here, and I'll never leave you again. I love you." Will followed his proclamation with a full kiss upon Jack's sweet lips, and his love finally stopped stirring and melted underneath his touch.

Will kissed him only for a few moments, not wanting to wake him, and then settled back down. His arms wrapped around him again like a shield, and he pulled him close. He still didn't know all of Jack's secrets. Sometimes he doubted he ever would, but he did know that his beloved had been hurt cruelly many times in the past and that he would never allow any one to do so again. "You're safe, Jack. Now go to sleep, luv. You'll need your rest before we plunder that galleon tomorrow."

Yet as Jack slept soundly, Will's brown eyes stared out at the darkness that surrounded their cabin as questions circled around his brain. There was so much he still wanted to know about Jack, so much he still needed to know, but the answers would come in time, he firmly assured himself at last just before dozing off, and he would help him fight them and anything else that came their way. Together, they could conquer the world, including every last Demon that might be hiding in Jack's locker!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.