Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
622
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
2
Hits:
827

Little Timmy

Summary:

Warning: Silliness and  a word is said
Summary: Not Necessary

Work Text:

Little Timmy
by Lady X

 

The sun shone brightly on the venerable estate of the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters, thanks in part to the local weather goddess, Storm.

It was an unusual day for the X-Men, as no villains were attacking, there was no trouble brewing on the horizon, and the X-Men were expecting a new mutant to be arriving for the Massachusetts Academy.

Right on time a battered-looking vehicle drove up to the gate, its occupant requesting entry in a   harried-sounding voice.

C'mon in y'all" chirped a woman's voice "We've been expecting ya."

(Rogue had taken on Bishop's duties that day as the time-lost mutant had caught the flu. As a mark of - er - respect for her teammate, Rogue was carrying around a rather large water-pistol.)

Yes, all in all a very quiet day. But then again, it was not to last (Hey, this IS a story about the X-Men, remember?!?)

The inhabitants of the car, two frazzled looking parents and a grinning child eventually assembled on the mansion's doorstep, where a regal Ororo Munroe greeted them. Smiling coolly, the woman led them to the office of Professor Charles Xavier, founder of "the dream".

The man himself was in conference with brilliant biophysicist Dr Hank McCoy, otherwise known as the Beast in regards to the new mutant when Storm ushered the young family in.

"Professor, Henry, may I introduce Mr and Mrs Bradford and Timothy Bradford?"

"My name's Timmy and I'm Four and a Half" announced the small figure importantly.

The parents cringed.

Xavier, sensing the mood of the adults, sent a quick mental command to Beast.

"Salutations diminutive male neophyte! Might I interest you in some much needed refreshments?"

"He means would you like to join him for milk and cookies" Storm translated, seeing the boy's puzzled frown.

"Yes indeed! For without food for the body we cannot appreciate food for the soul."

Warily the boy nodded, putting one grubby hand in Beast's large blue one, he allowed himself to be lead to the kitchen.

"I am glad that you decided to choose our facility to educate young Mr Bradford" Charles began.

"You haven't seen what he can do" muttered the father.

Frowning slightly, the professor continued "nevertheless, we believe we can help him with the manifestation of his abilities."

"Oh he manifested it alright, manifested it for three weeks and it rained the damn things on and off all through the trip here."

Professor Xavier, puzzled, extended a delicate mental probe, sensing paternal pride warring with irritation, embarrassment and concern for little Timmy. With all other references to the young boy's powers under a tight mental shield. Charles raised an inquiring eyebrow.

"In that case, may I ask what it is that little Timmy does?"

*****

"So youngster, what do you think of our culinary facilities so far?"

"S'good" Briefly, the boy surfaced from the food to grunt his reply.

"Indeed, indeed, so Timothy, I believe your power deals with energy manifestations based on vocalised and non-vocalised expression?"

"Uh?"

"You say or wish for something, and it comes true?" McCoy supplied gently, trying to see how the boy felt about his budding abilities.

The boy grinned and nodded. Hank felt some relief. Timmy might be somewhat withdrawn but at least he seemed comfortable with his powers.

"Would you like to demonstrate how your abilities revealed themselves?" The boy smiled  beatifically. Like a practiced performer he jumped onto the table, oblivious to the dark clouds  collecting outside, he spread his arms and uttered a single word:

"Bum."

Softly, on the mansion, and on the grounds, it began to rain.

Pink rain.

For the next three weeks.

 

The end

 

Maybe little Timmy doesn't fall down the well, maybe Lassie throws him down there to get some attention.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and flames will be cheerfully ignored.