Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
443
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
803

Look at me

Summary:

Summary: Not Necessary

Work Text:

Look at me
by Lady X

 

You wouldn't know to look at me, but I'm one of the worlds most feared and hated individuals.

Yea, right that's me, public enemy No #1.

Its not cos I'm a mutant though, nah, … mind you I'm not on the FOH's Christmas card list either.

Everybody hates my guts, the good guys the bad guys, hell even people I've never met.

Maybe its cos' I get things done?

Maybe its cos' I keep putting the good guys out of a job?

Whatever it is I'll keep on doing it, not because it's good or anything… but because it's fun.

FOH, yeah, they're gone, sod them, they were easy.

So were the other buggers like Aim and Hydra.

That Sinister bastard was tough though, but eventually I had him on his knees too.

I even ran into some bugger called Sabertooth the other day. He wanted to congratulate me for taking out the competition in the bad guy business … mind you he also wanted to kill me 'cos he was a ravin' lunatic. But one zap from my powers and he wasn't a worry anymore.

Now I'm onto the tough one, the biggie, the ultimate, (well so far..) the defining moment of my career.  Getting into the complex was pretty easy, I didn't even have to use my powers. And there he was. En Sabah Nur. The Apocalypse. The Man. Mr Survival-of-the-fittest-I-need-the-worlds-biggest-stick-of-blue-lippy-in-existence.

"HEED ME MY HORSEMEN, TO SURVIVE YOU MUST BE FIT, TO BE FIT YOU MUST BE STRONG!!"

Sounds like a bloody exercise ad to me. Oh well, no time like the present, I walk into the throne room and use my powers.

The bastard notices me.

"WRETCH! WHO ARE YOU TO DEFILE MY HOME!"

I turn up the power a bit.

ANSWER ME MORTAL, I AM THE APOCALYPSE! I AM EN SABAH NUR!!

Damn, need a bit more power, I tell him who I am while I pull on my last reserves and it starts to work.

Apocalypse blinks and frowns at me.

"AHH, … nngh … WELL AREN'T YOU CUTE…" The words force themselves out, grating over his vocal    chords "TRULY YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIT… WOULD YOU LIKE … A LOLLIPOP?"

Eventually I encourage him to avoid that whole taking over of the world thing.

Behind these sunglasses I have what is arguably the most dangerous mutant power on the planet, it's just as well I'm one of the good guys. Mind you, now that Cable's gonna be a bit pissed not he's out of a job, but you can't have everything can you? Oh, and my mutant power?

 

end
Puppy Eyes…