Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of I-Pod tales
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
347
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,467

Arms of an Angel

Summary:

Jack left Torchwood long ago, he still tried to help the human race be ready for the future and he still died for his pains.  He saw the Doctor occasionally but his constant companion was Doctor Owen Harper, the most unlikely angel ever.

Work Text:

Arms of an Angel
by Lilithangel
 
 
The irony was that these anonymous motels were still more comfortable than his room in the Hub.  He’d never needed a lot of sleep and never bothered to restrict his sexual activities to something as mundane as a bed so it didn’t matter if the mattress threatened to swallow him or if a door would have been softer.  It was just a time to recharge and talk to Owen without people trying to put him in a loony bin.
 
And some days a place to hide and grieve was all he needed.  Those days when he couldn’t save them, when humanity’s baser nature surfaced, or when the weight of his immortality got too much.
 
Those were the days that Owen’s presence curled around him and kept him sane.
 
“I’m guessing if you go off world that I’ll be coming with you.  Shit I was scared when you left the Hub,” Owen’s voice washed over him as he lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.  “Thought it would be just my luck that I was tied to there and not to you.  Although some days Harkness I wonder…”
 
“No you don’t,” he replied, his voice still raw from the screams of frustration.  “You love it really.”
 
“Course I do,” Owen said.  He opened his eyes and saw the translucent form of Owen wavering above him.  “I’m quite looking forward to seeing another planet up close and personal.”  Owen’s form slowly filled in until he looked almost solid.
 
“I’ll take you to them all,” Jack promised.
 
When he first accepted his immortality and the Doctor’s inability to fix him or be around him, Jack had tried to come to terms with watching everyone he cared about die and leaving him alone.
 
He’d never expected a guardian angel in the form of Owen Harper, but he was content now with the knowledge that he would never be alone, that he had someone who could never leave him.  A rude, arrogant someone with a heart so big it was often concealed behind a brash exterior.  A someone who was happy to call him friend.
 

END

Series this work belongs to: