Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
243
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,144

All The Family

Summary:

At least their family can almost entirely agree on one thing!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

All The Family
by Pirate Turner

        Dana leaned back in Rich's arms, enjoying the view of the evening sky being lit up with sparkly fireworks and the feel of his arms around her, and sighed contentedly. The day had been perfect. Even JT had not managed to ruin it with his offensive words and childish antics, and, for once, her new husband had managed to ignore his friend's every attempt to get him into trouble.

        Now, her family were clustered together, the couples resting peacefully in each other's arms, all except Karen. For some reason, her sister didn't have a date to the family picnic this year, and although Karen had complained about that endlessly during the day, she was finally quiet now, her attention shifted from guys to her nails. The hush that had fallen around her family was suddenly shattered by a shrill "Ouch!"

        "Karen?" Dana's attention shifted begrudgingly to her sister.

        "I broke a -- "

        Dana sighed as, with a roll of her eyes, she thought that there was really no need for her to finish that sentence. Leave it to Karen to interrupt a blissful moment over a damn nail!

        "Karen, sweetie," Carol started in a cajoling voice, "I'm sorry you broke a nail, but . . . "

        Her mother's words were silenced by the cry of unison that rose from the rest of their family. "SHUT UP!"

        Dana grinned. At least almost all her family could agree on one thing!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.