Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of I-Pod tales
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
318
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,041

I Know Him So Well

Summary:

Ianto had never seen himself in the role of the other woman.

Work Text:

I know him so well
by Lilithangel
 
 
If Ianto had ever imagined being in the middle of a three way relationship before he met Jack it had only been after a few drunken suggestions with Lisa.
 
Then he’d hidden Lisa in the Hub and flirted with Jack as a diversion, and tried to fool himself that it didn’t matter so long as Lisa was safe.
 
Loving Jack had turned out to be easier than he’d expected and just as complicated.  He got used to sharing Jack’s affection with everyone else, especially Gwen, knowing that Jack’s small moral code drew the line at sleeping with just one member of a couple, and since Rhys was not interested it would never go beyond a few deep glances and meaningful conversations.
 
He was even happy to share a bed with a third at times.  Jack was very innovative and he was getting an amazing sexual education.  Jack even tried to stick to his promise to always tell Ianto if anything more than flirting was going to happen.
 
Ianto had always known that he’d have to share Jack’s love, had always known the Doctor was deeply embedded in Jack’s heart and was never going away.
 
Living it turned out to be harder.  As far as he was aware Jack had never had sex with the Doctor but he knew better than to think that mattered.  He’d seen the way Jack’s face lit up at the mention of the Doctor, seen how young the mysterious Time Lord made him act.  Ianto had a sneaking suspicion he looked somewhat similar when he looked at Jack, but that didn’t help either.
 
Jack always came back to him and to the Hub so maybe that made him the wife and not the mistress.  He didn’t know and he didn’t really want to find out.  What mattered was that he got a share of Jack’s heart and maybe a piece of immortality along with it.
 
END

Series this work belongs to: