Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
159
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,026

Gen Drabble: 01-20-2009

Summary:

Sorry if this is too political.   I was wondering how NCIS might react.  Luckily I won't have to be downtown on Tuesday since I work a couple of blocks from the White House. I'll be come with candles lit for hope and a box of kleenex nearby because I know I'm going to be blubbing.

Work Text:

Gen Drabble: 01-20-2009
by Twisted Sister

The energy was high in th bullpen.  Acting Director Gibbs was carefly not noticing the bottle of champagne probably provided by DiNozzo being used to top off glasses of orange juice.

He didn't begrudge Vance naming him acting director duing such a high security alert. The man was in one of the stands near the Capitol with his family.  Unlike Jenny, this was personal rather than political manuvering.

The office fell silent, listening to a man pledge to uphold the Constitution.  Gibbs realized that there was one thing he needed to do.  He grabbed  a glass of the spiked orange juice from a startled DiNozzo and moved to a more private part of the office.  He hit a speed dial number that he had just recently added.  When the other man picked up, he said, "Dad"

"Leroy, Is everything ok down there?"

"Yeah, everythings fine.  Dad, Here's to Uncle L.J."

Jack's voice was hoked.  "Amen, Son, Amen."

 

end