Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
322
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,469

fic scraplet 2: microwave killer

Summary:

Written for the "Ordinary events challenge - event, destroying the microwave.

Work Text:

fic scraplet 2: microwave killer
by Buffy



Frank closed his eyes and leaned his head back.  It'd been a bitch of a week, but it was over.  Tonight, he and H were babysitting Maddy, and the team knew to call them only for a dire emergency.  Frank didn't even care that he was about to be forced to watch some animated movie, H was curled up next to him, all was right in his world.  Frank was just beginning to feel drowsy when the abrupt and forceful arrival of 70 pounds of frantic six-year-old hit his lap, elbows and kneecaps burying themselves in softer portions of his anatomy.  Frank's arms automatically rose to both comfort Maddy and attempt to remove sharp portions of her anatomy from the more sensitive parts of his as H bolted for the kitchen to see what had frightened her so much.

"I didn't /mean/ to!"  Maddy nearly sobbed into his chest.  Frank rocked her gently and waited for H to come back and let him know what the hell she was so upset about.  He wasn't entirely reassured at the sight of H fighting a grin as he knelt in front of the couch, but he did his best to calm the little girl down.  "Maddy, Sweetie, it's ok.  Let us see your pretty face, huh?"

One watery blue eye peeped from where she'd buried her face in his shirt.  She sniffed, slowing from full cry to a quiet snivel.

"Sweetheart, that microwave was older than you are.  It's not your fault it stopped working."  Frank loved to see the tender side children brought out in his lover.

"But—it went `zap' and smelled like I burned something!"

Frank had to fight a grin when he heard that, although that microwave had been good to him over the years.  "Honey, the only bad thing is we'll have to make do without popcorn for our movie.

end