Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
227
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,429

A Trip to the Chair

Summary:

Vin would have rather faced anything but this. Modern AU.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

A Trip to the Chair
by Pirate Turner

He sat in the hard chair with his hands clasped underneath him, fighting the urge to run that raged within him. He had faced so many things, but this annual journey remained the most difficult thing that was expected of him. He longed for a way out. A bomb, a fire, a gang war . . . Even a mountain of paperwork threatening to drown him would be better than this.

His eyes darted around the room before meeting the stern gaze of his team leader where the man in black leaned against the doorway. He mouthed a silent plea as the door to his destiny opened, but Chris shook his head, sealing Vin's doom as the nurse called his name. He stood with a hand cupping his jaw and hiding his grimace.

JD looked up from his seat. The Kid had already come and gone from the dentist's chair hours ago, and Vin knew he had only waited around to tease him. JD flashed him a grin. "Don't worry, Vin. If you're a good boy, they'll give you a lollypop."

Vin's eyes flashed at JD and Chris as he walked to what he wished was his final meeting, careful to keep his shoulders straight and his frame tall. He'd get them both . . . if the dentist didn't get him first!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.