Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
345
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
929

Hope

Summary:

A world-weary, spiritually-exhausted Hank drags himself home on Christmas Eve, but Bobby is there waiting for him with the answers he so desperately needs.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Hope
by Pirate Turner

 

He dragged himself through the door, his knuckles dragging the floor. His blue fur was matted with crimson blood from his friends and enemies alike. His glasses slipped to the end of his nose and remained askew even when he pushed them back up. Peering out of their dirty lenses, he was stunned into absolute stillness by the beautiful image that met him.

He stared at him as relief coursed through his body, easing his tired and aching muscles and bringing a slow smile to his furry face. His beloved stood, holding a sprig of mistletoe above his head with one hand and clutching a tray of steaming hot cocoa and festive cookies in his other hand. Bobby gazed at Hank with such intense love shining in his blue eyes that Hank felt the cold in his body and the stiffness in his soul just melt away.

Bobby stepped forward and angled his head so that his mouth hovered just above Hank's lips. "Welcome home, baby." He kissed him then, piercing the cold that had threatened to settle in his soul with such radiant warmth that it had no choice but to simply ebb away until it vanished completely.

All of Hank's unspoken questions were answered in that sizzling embrace of his beloved's hot, tempting mouth on his quivering lips. This was why he kept doing what he did, why they continued to fight what seemed to be a losing war day in and day out and risked not only their lives but those of the ones they loved for a world that didn't care about them and a dream that may never come true. He did it so that he could come home to him, hope for a world that would one day embrace them completely as they were, and keep the world spinning so that their family could keep on loving. He melted into his kiss as his heart sang of love and hope to last an eternity, as long as that eternity was spent with him.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.