Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
491
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
739

Thinkspeak

Summary:

Say it don't think it.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Thinkspeak
by danniisupernova

 

Warren had told him not to bother, but he just couldn't help himself. He and Jean had been fighting and he wanted it to be over as quickly as possible. He hated fighting with her, it made him feel like an idiot. Whenever he tried to fix things, it always made him feel even stupider because he'd always realize at the last second of his apology that she wasn't angry at all and there was no real point in apologizing because she'd forgotten it already.

But not this time. This time he's sure he's blown it. She's been with Warren and Hank all day. She hasn't spoken to him in the hall or in class. And Warren had told him not to bother. He walks up to her and taps her on the shoulder. She whips her head around, already knowing it's him and what he's going to say and those are just the fringe benefits of having a telepathic girlfriend.

"Jean-"

"I know you're sorry Scott. I know you want to work things out. But I can't figure out why. We're always fighting lately, I'm leaving soon. Is there really any point?"

She's almost crying. She's been thinking about it logically so she won't cry. 'How ironic', she thinks cynically. "What do you mean you can't figure it out? " he asks angrily. Sometimes when he's talking to her, he feels like he's stepping on eggshells. But right now he doesn't care. He'll break every one if that's what it takes.

"I can't figure out why you would want to stay with me. After all of this...the caution, the fights; you're always afraid of what I'll think or say, you're afraid of me. So why would you want to stick around Slim? It just doesn't make any sense."

"Why do you think Jean?" He thinks very loudly of kissing her. He thinks about her laugh and her hair and the way she looks when she's reading, biting her lip and concentrating so hard that sometimes she makes the books in the library float.

Now she's crying for real, not just tearing up like some girl in a sad movie.

He stops thinking and holds her. And she's putting her arms around him and he doesn't think 'crisis averted!' or even 'yes!'. And he tells her out loud, instead of thinking it because he knows she wants to hear it, just like any other girl.

They kiss and he wonders if they're ever going to see each other after she leaves. But he knows that even if they don't it will have been worth this five seconds of silence and then she looks at him and says "I love you too, Slim." She's smiling, red faced and she's barely stopped crying. And she hopes to god or whoever is watching two people making out in a hallway (the perv) that this won't kill her when it's finished.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author danniisupernova.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.