Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
927
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
883

Experiment X

Summary:

A young mutant makes a daring escape from his tormentors, but his efforts soon prove pointless without any way to defend himself...

Work Text:

Experiment X
by Claudia Nimmich

 

 

A heavy rain was pouring down and the dark clouds covered what would have been a full moon. Kurt could just barely be seen running through the Black Forest , his fur drenched down to the bone. Behind him, loud barking could be heard coming from the dogs that the military had sent out to take down the dark figure. Behind the dogs were men in full military camouflage with M16 shotguns in hand, running at full speed with the dogs. Due to the heavy boots the men were wearing, splashing could be heard along with the barking as mud flew around them, caking their clothes and face but the military men didn’t care. They had a mission and were going to complete it no matter what fate had in store for them.

While running through the woods, Kurt finally came upon a cave where he ducked inside to get out of the rain and hoped that the military would give up on there hunt, being unable to find him due to the fact he could blend into shadows due to his dark fur. Kurt also hoped that with the heavy rain, the dogs would loose his scent therefore aiding in his escape from the hell he had suffered since he was three.

Hiding in a corner with his knees up to his chest and arms wrapped tightly about his legs along with his three foot long , spaded tail, Kurt closed his eyes so his bright, yellow eyes wouldn’t give away his location. For a few minutes everything got quiet, including the rain that seemed to have finally calmed down. Thinking that he had been successful in running from the men, he opened his eyes only to come face to face with the unit Lieutenant Commander and four men holding guns at his head. Afraid to move Kurt remained where he was, waiting silently for the men to end his life but the quick death he was expecting never came. Instead, the Commander just gave him an evil smile before finally speaking and commanding the dogs with his hands to stand down.

“So freakish mutant, you gave us quite the fucking work out but we caught you in the end. Did you honestly think you had a chance of escaping without the use of your abilities Kurt Darkholme?” The commander stated in a harsh and heavy German voice, narrowing his eyes to try and intimidate the young mutant.

Kurt didn’t say anything, but sat there in silence. He knew his chances of escaping the hell he had lived in for the past thirteen years would be slim to none, especially with his teleportation blocked by a metal collar device around his neck that somehow turned off his extra ‘X’ gene, but it was well worth the risk. Even living in a drafty and muddy cave would be like living in a palace after living in a cage for thirteen years, being allowed out only when the government doctor’s needed to run tests on him.

Aggravated by the silence, the commander sent a solid punch to the left side of Kurt’s face, causing Kurt’s head to jerk back and hit the wall behind him. As Kurt felt the warm trickle of blood slowly start to flow down the back of his neck, he narrowed his eyes in return. Due to the severe amount of pain he was in, he didn’t have the strength to retaliate physically so speaking in German as well, Kurt finally responded.

“No for I knew I’d die trying but even death and living in the pits of hell would be most welcomed compared to staying back there in that horrid cage as a test subject. Therefore if you wish to kill me, go ahead for you will only be doing me a favor.”

The Commander didn’t like the response and picking Kurt up by the collar of his tattered shirt, sent a solid punch into Kurt’s stomach before dropping Kurt to the ground. Holding his stomach and curling up in pain, Kurt didn’t even have time to blink before the men started to beat him with the bottoms of their guns.

The beating went on for ten minutes and when the men stepped away, Kurt could be seen laying on the ground still in the fetal position. His fur around his face was caked with blood and dark purple spots could be seen due to the fact he was covered in bruises. His right arm was bent at a wrong angle and with a bit of the bone protruding from the skin, it was obvious that his right arm was broken. A small pool of blood had formed around Kurt’s head and when the commander poked the lifeless body with his boot, he gave a cold chuckle.

“Good job gentlemen, our mission is complete. Even if he is still alive, he won’t live much longer with those injuries. However Just in case…” The commander picked up the unconscious mutant and walking out of the cave, he dropped Kurt down a small hill. The commander and his men broke out in laughter as Kurt’s body soon rolled into a river. The body disposed of, the Commander turned to face his men.

“Now let’s get back to the base before we miss the initiation of our newest specimen, Betsy Braddock. Heard she’s quite the looker and easy too.” The comment was meet with more laughter as the men followed the commander back into the forest, hoping to get back in time before the rain started back up.

To Be Continued...