Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,290
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,283

Into the Shadows

Summary:

Justice League finally premiered in Australia the other day. Now lets pay it out.

Work Text:

Into the Shadows
by Jim Plahn

 

The alien figure jumps down from the podium and says "Thank you my name is Jonn"

"Hi John, how can we stop these evil aliens" replies Superman

"Jonn" corrects the alien

"Joan?" queries Batman

"Jonn" the green man corrects again, slightly more angry.

"Jean?" The Flash questions.

Jonn promptly punches the Flash and starts to walk away.

"I don't trust you" Batman states.

"Don't worry green alien guy" Superman comments "He has known me over 50 years and he doesn't trust me. Cause I am still an alien."

"How could he know you for over 50 years? When neither of you look much over 25?" asks Jonn

"So green fella that was a pretty neat trick when you changed appearance." Said the Flash. "Can you change into a hot chick? I need a date Friday night."

Everyone then started punching Flash

Wait! 5 flying Super Heroes, one Fast running guy and a normal human who could beat the crap out of all of them in a 23 minute program, have little to do with this Group I will stop writing them NOW. Sorry. Anyway here is another Dick and Babs story not as good as the first one and I wasn't going to submit it. But I didn't want this to become a Batman Beyond site. Not that you both aren't doing a great job. Anyway here is my crappy story and I promise never to write another Justice League story again (unless asked) and my next Dick and Babs story will be better. I promise.

I don't own characters don't sue me please

 

Into the Shadow
by Jim Plahn

 

BZZZZT was the only sound that could be heard as who knows how many volts went surging through my body, throwing me off the very tiny ledge that I was perched on. Luckily enough, I had the foresight to fix a line to my position so I only fell a little over five meters. However the fall was enough for me to loose my knapsack and I could here the crash of glass as it hit the ground several stories down.

Its moments like these you have to love security systems. I mean here I am The Great and Noble Super Hero NightWing trying to save the damsel in distress and her stupid security system electrocutes me. Okay so I am not about to save someone at all, but I am on a mission. Babs and me had a little argument about me showing up unannounced all the time. She seems to think that after last night's incident that I should maybe call ahead. Consequently, she increased her security network so that I can't just fly through the window anymore. Of course there is little fun in waiting at the door for Barbara to go out of her way to let me in, when I can just as easily come through a window.

Of course, Babs will be wonderfully surprised at my cunning and ingenuity that she will forget about all my past mistakes and the expenses of the enhanced security..

At least that was the plan.

Finally, I drag myself back onto the ledge just as my line come loose of the roof, finally a little luck. "Holy Bat shock a slightly difficult security system. I'll need the Bat anti security spray." Darn must have left it in the car I chuckle to my self while figuring my next plan of attack on the lock out system. It was then that the small sill I was standing on cracked at first I did not worry because I knew I had my line securely mounted. The second time I heard the crack I remembered that the line was not securely fastened at all and was dangling down below.

SNAP

Falling for the second time tonight, I threw my hand out to catch the fire escape before I gathered too much air speed. However, luck not being with me much of the last few nights, my hand only was able to grab hold of a small tabby kitten that was sleeping comfortably on the fire escape.

The surprised cat woke up, quickly took in the situation and began clawing at my face. Not wanting to disturb the small Grey kitten, I tried to calm it down by patting it. The pet wanted no part in this and I remembered that were heading towards the road at an increasing speed.

The Cat must have been quite aware of my stupidity and promptly leapt and landed somewhere on the passing building. Not wanting to become a part of the street, I launched a new rope at an object I could see on top of a higher windowsill and it landed nicely, thankfully.

It is probably hard to say who got the greater shock. My fall did not stop and when I looked at the end of my line, I noticed that it had tangled itself around the same Grey cat that I had met only seconds ago.

Not having anymore lines to launch I started to wonder how puss and me were going to get out of this. Before I could start to process this though however, my first line caught on a flagpole. The catch only managed to slow me down and I landed with a crash on to the hood of my car. Followed soon after by my new friend Max, That's what I decided to name the cat.

Max decided against the relationship, wet himself with shock on my face, scratched me and then ran off into the shadows.

I took a few moments to evaluate my personal damage and apart from a bit of bruising and dampness, I seemed to be quite fine. I also took the opportunity to pick up the bag I had dropped earlier and found that one of the bottles of champagne had broken drenching a now soggy box of chocolates. The other bottle cracked so I removed the cork and tested its contents. Still good.

After I had rewound my lines and gathered up my soggy knapsack I headed back up to the roof of my beauty's building. This time I had little trouble securing my rope and climbing back to my nemesis, the security box.

Once secured, I cut the offending electrical alarm wire, and suddenly the neighborhood went black.. Realizing I may have made a mistake, I tried to fix the wire but things are never that simple. The telling red emergency light came on in Bab's apartment and I surmised that at least the security threat had been taken care of.

Opening the window with the aid of a Batarang I quietly creaped in. The first thing I noticed were two tyres of her wheelchair. Slowly with guilt I bring my gaze up, caught sight of a mean looking rifle no doubt armed with some form of tranquilizer dart. Even more guiltily then before I looked upon Babs cross looking face and piercing eyes. "Hi honey I brought you some champagne" to which she had no reply so I further ventured "and some chocolates" as I removed the soggy box from the smelly bag as the contents spilt over the floor.

For a moment I thought I saw a sympathy look on her face which turned to a wicked smile. I had only a second to wonder why; when I heard the ringing shot.

Babs wheeled over, and reached into the strewn backpack, and pulled out the half empty bottle of champagne. "Thanks short pants, see you in six hours" she chuckled and returned to the shadow of her computer.

End